hf1

Discoloured Flip covers

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Discoloured Flip covers

Postby Mungo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:40 pm

I put a couple of my light-coloured Flip covers in with a load of mixed washing (I had previously only handwashed them) and they've come out looking dull/discoloured :(

The two on the left are the ones that I washed, the ones on the right are the same colour but brand new (noodle and butternut). It's not a very good pic but in real life they kind of look greyer/duller than the new ones.

It's not the end of the world or anything but I'm a bit annoyed as I deliberately washed the butternut separately from my nappies in case the colour bled, as the instructions recommend. Does that mean I have to handwash them from now on? Probably better for them anyway but I'm rather lazy :giggle:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Discoloured Flip covers

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:01 pm

Oh no :hug:
I wash all my Flip covers with my nappy wash and never had any problems with fading/discolouring. Could it be that there was something dark in the wash you did it with that has caused this? you know like when you put whites in with colours they come out grey?
:hug:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Oh no :hug:
I've never had this happen to one of our nappies.
Not had pale flips - but had other pale BG colours
If its happened after 1 wash - is it worth contacting where you got it from??
particularly as you washed them on their own.

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Hannahboo wrote:Could it be that there was something dark in the wash you did it with that has caused this? you know like when you put whites in with colours they come out grey?
:hug:

Yeah I think that must be what happened.
Oh well at least they still work.

Docmagoo, I'm pretty sure it must be me at fault and not the flips :-) I was worried about them bleeding colour on to my nappies, didn't think it might happen the other way round, doh!

Return to Wraps (pilchers)