hf1

Flongies - will any fleece trousers work?

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Flongies - will any fleece trousers work?

Postby jclmellor » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:00 pm

hi,
i was wondering whether any fleece trousers would work as flongies? it's just that the preloved flongies and the wahm flongies on here are a bit too expensive :oops: but on ebay, there are fleece trousers advertised for 99p! but i'm not sure these would work as flongies - does anyone have any ideas?!??! and perhaps they wouldn't be big enough for cloth nappies anyway... :lookround:
x

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Flongies - will any fleece trousers work?

Postby Asta » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:06 pm

I got some fleece from a haberdashery store and got my MIL to run some up for us. I think I paid £6 for the fleece and we've had 6 pairs from it so far!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:12 pm

I dont see why not. The only thing that you might need to do would be to add a soaker layer in the crotch. Here is a pattern. I dont know your LO's size so here is both up to xxxl Normal up to XXXL All you do is cut this out of some fleece, pin it in the crotch and then sew a zig zag stitch arround the edge.

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:00 pm

Pumpkin pants has a sale on their flongies on etsy ATM, if you just type pumpkin pants they will come up, I got 2 pairs earlier today for £12 including postage... ;)

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:40 pm

Yep I buy fleece pyjamas and trousers from Peacocks in the winter and use them and with DD2 being born in January for her early weeks she spent a lot of time in fleece sleepsuits with no other nappy cover ;)

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:03 am

i'm sure any old fleece pants will do - my pairs of pumpkin pants don't have a soaker layer and they work just fine.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:28 pm

we swear by primark fleece sleepsuits in the winter, Oakley is a rather light wetter, so never needed a soaker just the sleepsuit over the nappy. any old fleece is good, i also wash my fleece with a little fabric conditioner, seems to make it a little more water resistant :-)

Return to Wraps (pilchers)