hf1

Advice on using Gen Y wraps

My avatar
stormy_weather
Clothie
Clothie

Advice on using Gen Y wraps

Postby stormy_weather » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:50 pm

I just went a bit crazy and spent rather a lot on 3 Gen Y universal wraps, size 2 which says it should go to 38lbs. They arrived today and are even more gorgeous in real life, but I'm finding them a tight fit on my 14 month old 24lbs boy. He is in Sandys, so I suppose they are on the larger size of nappy. I had to use the loosest leg and waist poppers on the Gen Y (and we're still on the smallest leg and waist poppers on the large sandys). And sadly there were some red marks when I took the wrap off, so that is not at all okay.

Before I return these, I wondered if it was worth asking here if anyone could advise on a different way of using them. I see you can use them with prefolds or inserts. I have no idea what inserts are or how they work. Would that make them more slim fitting?

During the day time we don't actually need the Sandys as DS is no longer the heavy wetter he used to be, and often pees in the toilet at changes. So something lighter would work for us quite well. If you had suggestions of brands (preferably not too pricey) that would be great.

Thanks if anyone can advise.

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Advice on using Gen Y wraps

Postby Cyrillia » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:56 pm

Now that's freaky - I was just looking at these wraps for Rory and switched to this page to see your message! Obviously no suggestions as I'm thinking of buying one, but will watch thread with interest. :D

Return to Wraps (pilchers)