hf1

Talk to me about wool please.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Talk to me about wool please.

Postby aimeet » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:04 am

OK so I know in some ways that this goes against my vegan values but, I really want to start using more natural fabrics and we have had to resign ourselves to leather shoes for dd so we figure that wool is less of an issue here and as it is a by product and a natural fibre that it is a better idea than pul/fleece.
So, what I want to know is:
1) How do I measure for woolies?
2) can you use them under clothes? soakers etc..
3)Do I need to lanolise interlock as well as knitted?
4) Can I get customs knitted with my own yarn? who from and how much should I expect to pay?
Help I am totally clueless!

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Talk to me about wool please.

Postby nappynutter » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:20 am

aimeet wrote:OK so I know in some ways that this goes against my vegan values but, I really want to start using more natural fabrics and we have had to resign ourselves to leather shoes for dd so we figure that wool is less of an issue here and as it is a by product and a natural fibre that it is a better idea than pul/fleece.
So, what I want to know is:
1) How do I measure for woolies?
2) can you use them under clothes? soakers etc..
3)Do I need to lanolise interlock as well as knitted?
4) Can I get customs knitted with my own yarn? who from and how much should I expect to pay?
Help I am totally clueless!

1. Measure (with a nappy on) at the widest point all the way around for the hips.
Measure (with a nappy on) from about an inch above the nappy at the tummy underneath the nappy and up to the back to about an inch above the nappy for the rise.
Measure (with a nappy on) from the crotch to the ankle for the length (for longies).

2. You can use a soaker under clothes but the clothes need to be big and loose enough that you don't get wicking.

3. I don't lanolise interlock but you can and other people do.

4. Yes, lots of people on here do YYMN. (My daughter Jenna does - Jenna Knits.)

Hope that helps.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Talk to me about wool please.

Postby aimeet » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:40 am

Thanks hun :hug: , can you tell I am totally duh about all this! :giggle:

Return to Wraps (pilchers)