hf1

Merino wool soaker or interlocker?

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Merino wool soaker or interlocker?

Postby weebee » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:53 pm

I'd love to try out a merino wool soaker as wonder if this will be softer than wool (I'm still worried about aran wool being itchy as I know it irritates my skin). Does anyone know where I could get one? I'm also intrigued by interlockers (again, I'm thinking they may be softer) and wonder about trying them too- again, can anyone recommend a source? I've seen both on little gumnuts but am not sure I can stretch to their prices :( Thanks!

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Merino wool soaker or interlocker?

Postby ladybird » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Merino is simply a type of wool - merino being the breed of sheep it has come from.
Aran is the thickness of the yarn used.
Personally I find knitted items far softer than interlock. Merino is lovely and soft I think, I use more merino than anything else.
What you found itchy would depend on the type of wool used, not whether it was aran or not.

Have a browse in WAHM Wonders and you will see knitted and interlock soakers/shorties/longies. And also in the classifieds.

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Merino wool soaker or interlocker?

Postby jclmellor » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:58 am

we got some merino longies from ebay (brand new, i think about £17 all in with a love heart on the bum - a woman in hungary does them i think). lovely and soft but not amazing for fitted nappies, but would be okay for pockets. i think they were just too thin to contain really, so i gave them to a friend who uses pockets.

i would recommend interlock, particularly hollow oak's longies or shorties or soakers. these are amazing and the best i've tried. they occasionally come up on classifieds so keep watch! xxx

Return to Wraps (pilchers)