hf1

Our first night using flongies :( disaster!

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Our first night using flongies :( disaster!

Postby emsy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Last night we used flongies for the first time over one of our Wnnn :( and we ended up this morning with a wet patch in the bed :cry:
we normaly use wool and sometimes get a little damp on the outside but never wet the bed !!
could i have done something wrong maybe some extra boosting ?!?!
they are lovely flongies and have an extra bit in the wet zone and really want them to work xoxo

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Our first night using flongies :( disaster!

Postby lazylexis » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:33 pm

I found with fleece I had to boost the night nappy a bit more than I did with wool and in winter I tend to put the flongies over a wool soaker

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:39 pm

I loved fleece but some people just don't get on with it.
Is there an extra layer in the wet zone of them? Or it could be that you just need to add a bit of extra boosting

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:04 pm

they have an extra layer in the wet zone and they were lovely and dry when he woke for a feed then this morning he was soaked.
will definitely add more boosting next time :giggle: ahhhh bless his night time butt his huuuuge already :giggle:

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:13 pm

I didn't get on with fleece at all with Erin :(
At night - up until very recently - she's been a back sleeper with very little movement, so there was pressure wicking through the fleece & onto her bedding.
By day, she's a bum shuffler, so there's a lot of pressure through the seat. Even a pair of well lanolised longies will often let through a bit of pressure wicking, particularly in the morning after her big milk drink, so we had no hope of fleece working here either :|

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Wool absorbs quite a bit of wetness before it feels damp. So you need to factor this in to the absorbancy of the nappy because fleece won't absorb anything. Boosting your nappy should really help.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Does your lo move about much at night, if not it probably is pressure wicking x

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:22 am

Well we tried with the fleece again with extra boosting and still no luck :( i folded an ep hemp booster at the back where the wicking was happening but it still leaked through !! oh well fleece obviously isn't for us but at least they will be a warm pair of pants for winter :)

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:27 am

I was never able to use fleece at night, its great for daytimes especially as a backup over a pocket/AI2 if you are going on a long car journey or similar and you are worried about the nappy wicking before you can change it.
You may find that when hes a bit older and moves around more in his sleep you will be able to use it again. In the meantime stock up on some woollies ;)

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)