hf1

Worth trying fleece?

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Worth trying fleece?

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:44 am

I have been thinking for a while about trying some Pumpkin pants to go over night nappies, but then tried wool and fell in love :giggle: I have enough longies at the moment for overnight use but we have quite a few sleep suits that I would still like to use and until I can get round to making some wool soakers was wondering whether fleece would be worth a try? I just think longies under sleep suits would be too bulky. Darcy is quite a heavy wetter and by the time morning comes a WNNN is usually completely wet or still just dry at the very back. I just worry that fleece may not be as good as wool and we would end up with wet clothes and bed!

So what are your thoughts? Worth trying fleece?

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Worth trying fleece?

Postby ladybird » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:47 am

Personally I wouldn't bother. We tried it, got soaked, hated it, it stank. But then lots of others get on great with it, so why not find out for yourself!

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:58 am

ladybird wrote:Personally I wouldn't bother. We tried it, got soaked, hated it, it stank. But then lots of others get on great with it, so why not find out for yourself!

Probably best just to get one to try then seeing as they aren't particularly expensive, I can always sell it on if it doesn't work for us :D

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:10 am

we love fleece and the nappy underneath can be very wet and we dont get leaks--we go all night. we use tots bots wraps at and they are very thick and dense. Clothes may be slightly damp but I think that happens with wool too? (we don't use it..) i dont' find pumpkin pants as dense so don't know how well they work overnight, we have only tried them during the day. They were too small for our night nappies, so you may want to size up...again, not totally sure...but when we were in smalls, i couldn't get a small on at night.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:12 am

mudita wrote:we love fleece and the nappy underneath can be very wet and we dont get leaks--we go all night. we use tots bots wraps at and they are very thick and dense. Clothes may be slightly damp but I think that happens with wool too? (we don't use it..) i dont' find pumpkin pants as dense so don't know how well they work overnight, we have only tried them during the day. They were too small for our night nappies, so you may want to size up...again, not totally sure...but when we were in smalls, i couldn't get a small on at night.

Thanks, shall have a look around and see what different fleece wraps I can get. Think I need pull on ones rather than velcro as little miss even undos the velcro from through her clothes :roll:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:12 am

If she's such a heavy wetter I wouldn't risk leaks. The wool will absorb some of the wetness before it feels damp. Fleece won't do this, so you'll need more absorbency in the nappy to cope with this, otherwise you'll have leaks.

I love our pumpkin pants fleece soakers, but we only use them in the day.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:13 am

I agree with shadow, it leaked for us too but try it. Different things work for different people :-D

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:28 am

We have had no problems but then I've never used wool so can't compare it but the NN can ge compleatly soaked with no leaks

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:58 am

Thanks for all the replies ladies :D

I guess if I got one and it didn't work over night I may get away with it during the day!

Please can I have a light wetter next time :giggle:

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)