hf1

Fleece Wraps

My avatar
silvia
Clothie
Clothie

Fleece Wraps

Postby silvia » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:31 pm

This may sound like a stupid question ( :oops: ), but I got a fleece wrap to try before my daughter was born; she's 4 months now, and I still can't figure out how to use it. I understand it's supposed to let some moisture through, and it should be used for night time. My question is: What do you put on top? She usually wears a cotton night gown and if it's cold a sleeping bag to bed. Will it just wet through her clothing? :?

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Fleece Wraps

Postby Pinchette » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:24 am

Not a stupid question at all.
Fleece acts as a repellent so although it's not waterproof, it will not let moisture through although the wrap might feel slightly damp in places.
So to answer your question, put your lo in her night nappy with the wrap over it and that's it! As long as her night clothes are not too tight, she should be ok.

My avatar
silvia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby silvia » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:18 am

Thank you! I will try it tonight.
I'll PM you in a second about the nappies

My avatar
silvia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby silvia » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:00 pm

I tried the fleece wrap last night and it was a disaster! I woke up to a giant wet patch on the bed and pyjama. Is she just too much of a heavy wetter for fleece?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:33 pm

Sounds like you need alot more boosting in your nappy. Although I never really got on well with fleece wraps as I always found they made the bed slightly damp and smelt - I much prefer wool :wink:

My avatar
silvia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby silvia » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:56 pm

Thanks Annette :D , I'll try adding a bamboo booster tonight and seeing how it goes. I might give wool a try if this doesn't work.

My avatar
silvia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby silvia » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:27 pm

The bamboo booster helped a lot, but she was still a little humid in the morning. Is it possible that I have to boost more? :shock:

My avatar
littlekiwibaby
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby littlekiwibaby » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:49 pm

Lol, this is why we stick with our PUL lined fleece wraps :D
Hope you sort it.

My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby baby_bufters » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:49 pm

I get on well with fleece and wool...but i have become to lazy for wool.

I never got on with totsbots fleece wraps though

Return to Wraps (pilchers)