hf1

Prefolds and Wrap for newborn

My avatar
shyler76
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Prefolds and Wrap for newborn

Postby shyler76 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi, I'm currently :pregnant: with my second child. I used cloth with my first but only from around 11 weeks (she was a big baby and went straight into itti bitti size Large). I'm looking for a cost effective cloth alternative for my newborn and was thinking of using prefolds with minki wraps - has anyone else tried this combo? Would really appreciate some advice from those of you who have tried and tested newborn combos :widesmile:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Prefolds and Wrap for newborn

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:45 pm

I loved our motherease xs rikki wraps on Eleanor.
I didn't have any prefolds when she was born but started using them when she was around 10lbs.

I know other popular ones are the flip & thirsties wraps.
I suppose it'll really depend on the predicted size of your LO! How big was your 1st baby?

My avatar
shyler76
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shyler76 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:49 pm

1st one was 9lb 2 (one week over) so assuming (and hoping) I don't go over, I'm expecting a good 8lber :giggle:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:52 pm

I use prefolds a lot atm. either pad folded in a wrap or nippered under wool. However, I wasnt very keen on them when Oliver was teeny. I found they were faffy and I just didnt find the love. I mainly used teenyfits and size 1 little lambs when he was teeny then started using prefolds from about 4 months.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:52 pm

We've used prefolds on M since birth and love them. She was fairly small at birth (6 lbs 4) but they woked really well from the start. I pad fold the prefold inside a thirsties or weehuggers wrap. I don't think we've ever had a leak, which is pretty impressive considering she's :bf: and currently has one huge poo a day! My favourite preflods ATM are swaddlebees, but we also have some Bummiss and Bambino Mio which are fine too. I love the simplicity of prefolds. I really hate stuffing pockets so find prefolds much less hassle. Plus, they are cheap, wash well and dry quickly.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Hiya,
I used prefolds with motherease rikki s or thirsties duo wraps from birth. Well, used muslin squares for the first 10 days then switched to mainly prefolds nippa d with fleece liners. I am a big fan of thirsties duo wraps and still use prefolds now under size 2 wraps and also some pockets.
They are a bit bulky but I like a big nappy bottom on a newborn :)

My avatar
shyler76
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shyler76 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:49 pm

Thanks everyone, am definitely going to get some prefolds now :widesmile:

Return to Wraps (pilchers)