hf1

Alright then, convince me to use wool wraps! ;)

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Alright then, convince me to use wool wraps! ;)

Postby Juli » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:42 pm

ladybird wrote:Wool does absorb moisture, up to 30% of it's own weight in fact,

And the thought that it's got pee in it doesn't bother you?

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Just wanted to say thank you all for your input. You obviously all really love your wool. I really appreciate all the info you've given me.

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:47 pm

Your not going to get many, if anyone telling you wool is no good on here lol.
I use it, it takes minimal effort to look after it. In fact I lanolised a new pair last night. Used the baby bath in my bath, first soaker for about 30 mins in warm water and wool wash(could use any mild soap solution) took then out then added my lanolin to the bath water and put the wool back in until this morning when I took then out squished most of the water out by hand then wrapped in a towel and jumped up and down on it, then put them to dry on the airer. Its easy peasy.I think a morning in fitteds with wool(or fleece) is as good as nappy off time and great for giving DDs chubby thighs a rest from the elastic on wraps and pockets etc.
Also means I get to buy lovely yarn and crochet my own wooly pants lol :crochet: :D

Like someone else said the only way to know is to try it. Buy some preloved and give it a go :thumbsup: thats what I did

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:51 pm

monsterm wrote:The only way for you to figure out if it's for you is buy one off classifieds & give it a go.

Yes, you're probably right. I guess I also need to wait until I've got someone to put them on. :wink: I'm not due for quite a while. I've just been getting a bit carried away, because I'm so excited that I'll be able to use cloth nappies again. Getting excited about nappies is helping me get over the surprise that this pregnancy was. :giggle:

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:22 pm

Juli wrote:

Hun , when your LO arrives you will be covered head to toe in all sorts a tiny bit of wee isn't going to bother you. :hug:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:56 pm

scarlet wrote:
Juli wrote:

Hun , when your LO arrives you will be covered head to toe in all sorts a tiny bit of wee isn't going to bother you. :hug:

I was going to say that if you think like that you'll be changing nappies every 5 mins because they are always sitting in wee but I like what Scarlet said better :giggle:

The wee evaporates after a good air anyway. I air for 12 hours at least.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:03 pm

scarlet wrote:
Juli wrote:

And wee is sterile ;) Add that to the anti bac properties of the wool, nope, doesn't bother me a bit ;)

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:24 pm

ladybird wrote:
scarlet wrote:Hun , when your LO arrives you will be covered head to toe in all sorts a tiny bit of wee isn't going to bother you. :hug:

And wee is sterile ;) Add that to the anti bac properties of the wool, nope, doesn't bother me a bit ;)

Or as my husband puts it, it's baby wee, it doesn't count :wink:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:29 pm

there are some wool wraps like you were talking about for sale here http://www.clothnappytree.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=91851

PreviousNext

Return to Wraps (pilchers)