hf1

Fleece soaker on top of disposable at night?

My avatar
Zimbah
Clothie
Clothie

Fleece soaker on top of disposable at night?

Postby Zimbah » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:44 pm

I use disposables at night (cloth in the day) but DD is currently feeding all night long and weeing so much it soaks through the nappy. Sometimes her vest and babygro are wet up to the armpits, plus her grobag is wet and the bed a bit too. I had what seems to be a PUL/fleece night time type wrap that I was given second-hand in a bag of stuff, I'm not sure exactly what it is, it's PUL/plasticky all over but with fleece leg holes and waist. It does up with poppers on both sides (rather than at the front). Anyway last night I put that on over her disposable, together with a thin terry booster between the disposable and the wrap. Success! This morning the booster was damp, the vest etc was dry. As the wrap is PUL/plastic I just rinsed it off and hung to dry. I'm doing the same tonight, but clearly if this works I will have to get more than one wrap so that I can put them through the wash.

That was a very longwinded way of saying, does anyone know what my wrap is :-? ? Where I can get more? Or, if not, would a fleece soaker do the same job on top of a disposable if I stuff a booster between the two??

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Fleece soaker on top of disposable at night?

Postby lazylexis » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:49 pm

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:55 pm

I love those wraps :-)

I would think a fleece soaker would probably work as well.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:57 pm

It sounds like a lovebums to me. Unfortunately they are no longer made. Stacinator wraps are probably the most similar you will get now but a wool or fleece soaker will work just as well.

My avatar
Zimbah
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Zimbah » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Ah, lovebums would make sense as there's also a lovebums fitted nappy in the bundle, which I'm using. Those stacinators are expensive, I'll have a look for some fleece soakers on FSOT. Thanks everyone for your help :thumbsup:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Fleece soakers are great, how often do you change your lo at night?

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:23 am

I would just change the nappy more often tbh. We have always (until recently) used sposies at night and the only time we had one like that the gel stuff had leaked out everywhere and it stunk to high heaven! I would hate to have left Austin like that every night.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:49 am

0_Lisa_0 wrote:I would just change the nappy more often tbh. We have always (until recently) used sposies at night and the only time we had one like that the gel stuff had leaked out everywhere and it stunk to high heaven! I would hate to have left Austin like that every night.

wss
when william had a yeast infection he had to wear sposies at night and I changed twice a night xx

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:01 am

That's true, the gel stuff is disgusting and I hate getting any on dd's skin. How old / big is your lo? Perhaps we can help you find a cloth solution that works for nights : wink:

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)