hf1

Problems with Gen-y universal

My avatar
Ju1i4
Clothie
Clothie

Problems with Gen-y universal

Postby Ju1i4 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:35 pm

I bought a large to try out with my flip sd inserts but I'm not having much luck. Have used it a handful of times and it's wicked twice! Just wondering what everyone else uses with theirs?

I'm also not getting a good fit, it's leaving really red marks around the tops of her legs, despite being on the largest setting. My friend advised that I should push the elastic right up to her knicker line, so I tried that but still getting the red marks. DD2 does have very chunky thighs so I'm thinking perhaps the fit is just not for us? Am gutted as it's soooo pretty!

Any help much appreciated

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Problems with Gen-y universal

Postby KimmyM » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Sorry I don't know your LO's age and ibhavent used Gen-Y wraps but I know all the bits I bought for DS that didn't work pre walking once he slimed down they worked okay.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:08 pm

We have a large classic that we use with terries or a thirsties hemp prefold. Ds does sometimes get faint red marks on his v chunky thighs on the biggest thigh setting :( but nothing surprising. We have had wicking on it the last 2 times we used it but it's been bombproof with the hemp till now, I'm gutted! What do you use in them? (sorry am on ipod and can't see if you said) maybe it needs more boosting? That's what I'll be trying on ours anyway!

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:12 pm

Sorry, you did say what you were using... Is the wrap too baggy to keep the insert near the skin maybe? I'm sure I read somewhere that things like suedecloth work best as stay dry when in contact with skin as otherwise the wee rolls off, do you think it might be the same with the flip sd?

My avatar
Ju1i4
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Ju1i4 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:40 am

Thanks. I don't think the insert is a good fit, it seems to wide for the cover, think I need to try something slimmer as it doesn't lie flat.

Totally forgot to mention dd2's age! She's a very active 20 month old, she's been walking for 8 months and there's no signs of those chunky thighs slimming down! Think it's just the way she's built.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 am

Oh no I've been holding onto hope that ds thighs will thin down when he starts walking! Never mind, nothing wrong with chunky thighs :wink: :giggle:

Return to Wraps (pilchers)