hf1

Prettiest wraps wicking?!

My avatar
obsessed13
Clothie
Clothie

Prettiest wraps wicking?!

Postby obsessed13 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:12 pm

I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or if it's the wraps themselves. I'm finding I don't use my nicest looking wraps because I find them unrelieble, they just wick, so I just end up using the more plain ones because I know they won't.

I've been thinking I should sell them on as I'm not using them but how does that work if you know they wick or is it a case of different things suit different nappies?
I use terries and prefolds nippa'd, never padfolded. I get on great with thirsties, bummis and blueberry wraps as well as wool. I have a lovely weehugger and a couple of others I can't think of the names of and they just wick. Is it me? I thought weehuggers were quite popular?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Prettiest wraps wicking?!

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:15 pm

Weehuggers are cotton outers aren't they? When I used wraps we couldn't use cotton outer ones due to wicking, we had the same issue with cotton outer pockets too. Unfortunately some people just don't get on with them and it sounds like its the same for you as the others you have mentioned that are fine have different outers.

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:17 am

I always avoid cotton outer wraps and pockets because they wick for us too.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:22 am

Yes same here - they just don't work well for us. Some babies get on fine with them, I guess depends on the absorbancy of the nappy and if your bubba is a light/heavy wetter. If you do decide to sell, just mention they are cotton outers so whoever buys them is aware :)

My avatar
obsessed13
Clothie
Clothie

Postby obsessed13 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:53 am

Thanks for the replies. :D

I seems it is the cotton outers that's the problem, thought it must be something I was doing wrong as otherwise why do they make them??? Perhaps they would work better with fitteds. Once I work out how to put pictures up I will probably put them up for sale on here, they have hardly been used. May give them one more go first.

What wraps do you all use? Any recommendations for some lovely funky print ones that aren't cotton outers? Have just ordered a GEN Y universal, have my fingers tightly crossed it will worrk for us!

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:32 am

I've just bought a weehugger. Hope it works for me :-?

Blueberry coveralls are very similar to thirsties and have pretty prints :-)

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:43 am

obsessed13 wrote:Have just ordered a GEN Y universal, have my fingers tightly crossed it will worrk for us!

Some GEN-Y are cotton too, though tgey do minky ones too? Our space invader classic is a cotton outer and we do sometimes get wicking with it. That's not to say the universal is the same though, hope it works for you! :D

My avatar
obsessed13
Clothie
Clothie

Postby obsessed13 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:45 am

I have two blueberry coveralls and have just ordered two more, you're right they have great prints and are super reliable!

Fingers crossed for my GEN Y then or it'll be on here soon too!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:00 pm

@obsessed13
I think you'll be ok! :-) I have gen-y universal and they don't wick for me unlike some other cotton outer ones. Its the leg gussets that make the difference for the inserts I use which are quite fat. Also make sure the clothing directly on top of the nappy isn't too tight and in contact where the thigh meets the nappy-you can use vest extenders etc for this problem if it applies to you. Good luck ;-) x

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)