hf1

Prettiest wraps wicking?!

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Prettiest wraps wicking?!

Postby Slebro » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:48 pm

obsessed13 wrote:I have two blueberry coveralls and have just ordered two more, you're right they have great prints and are super reliable!

Fingers crossed for my GEN Y then or it'll be on here soon too!

Blueberry coverall's are great!

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Dora wrote:@obsessed13
I think you'll be ok! :-) I have gen-y universal and they don't wick for me unlike some other cotton outer ones. Its the leg gussets that make the difference for the inserts I use which are quite fat. Also make sure the clothing directly on top of the nappy isn't too tight and in contact where the thigh meets the nappy-you can use vest extenders etc for this problem if it applies to you. Good luck ;-) x

Oooooh are the universal gusseted? Might get one then! I had wondered if the wicking we got was too tight vests (even with extenders..... Needed to go shopping!) and have switched to non poppered and don't remember if it's wicked since then? Never did it all the time, anyway, thankfully!

My avatar
obsessed13
Clothie
Clothie

Postby obsessed13 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:21 pm

The GEN Y arrived today, lovely looking wrap, have been out all day so not had a chance to test it out. It def has gussets and seems thicker than other wraps with cotton outers, am feeling positive so far! Will test it out tomorrow.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:26 am

obsessed13 wrote:The GEN Y arrived today, lovely looking wrap, have been out all day so not had a chance to test it out. It def has gussets and seems thicker than other wraps with cotton outers, am feeling positive so far! Will test it out tomorrow.

Fingers crossed it's wick free!

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:28 pm

I really like my Gen Y universal wraps :thumbsup: I love the soft feeling of the cotton outer, and the gussets are great! We have never had a leak with them, but I have found a little bit of wicking - only when the nappy underneath is soaking. I've found that they are a good fit over chunky terries nappies too!

My avatar
obsessed13
Clothie
Clothie

Postby obsessed13 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:22 pm

We had success! The GEN Y is lovely! No leaks, no wicking and a great fit. Does give quite a big bum though but I guess that's terries for you! I like the big bottom look and I coordinated the wrap with a bright bots! :D :thumbsup:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Great! Glad they are working for you.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:28 pm

obsessed13 wrote:We had success! The GEN Y is lovely! No leaks, no wicking and a great fit. Does give quite a big bum though but I guess that's terries for you! I like the big bottom look and I coordinated the wrap with a bright bots! :D :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :D

My avatar
flossyfly
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby flossyfly » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:48 pm

I found weehuggers wicked when used as a wrap but worked really well with a insert, such as flips, thirsties hemp etc

PreviousNext

Return to Wraps (pilchers)