The garden project

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: The garden project

Postby confusinglady » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Things are growing :widesmile:

I didn't really realise how much till I looked back at this thread! The weeds are taking over my strawberry and onion bit you can hardly see them oops.

The spinach has gone crazy with this sunny/ rainy weather.
I shouldve thinned them more. We ve been picking it when we would like to eat it but I m thinking I might have to pick some to freeze it.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:18 pm

Wow looks fantastic!

confusinglady wrote:@clothmama don't worry you should've seen ours when we first moved in! It was 6ft plants and weeds!

That gives me hope! Just need to get better so I can get out as next few days due to be a bit cooler.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:31 pm

clothmama wrote:Wow looks fantastic!

confusinglady wrote:@clothmama don't worry you should've seen ours when we first moved in! It was 6ft plants and weeds!

That gives me hope! Just need to get better so I can get out as next few days due to be a bit cooler.

Oh no I just typed loads and forgot to press submit and now I've lost it, grr!
I wrote it ages ago and have forgotten what I wrote.

I think I wrote that once you be rested after being poorly I m sure it won't take long to dig over a small area and plant something up. I d go for courgettes as they are pretty easy to grow ( as long as the snails don't get them! ) and quite satisfying to see them full a spot quite quickly. You don t need to worry too much about weeding thoroughly either.
i suppose it will depend what is for sale locally. It will probably be best to buy plants now rather than seed for summer crops. Or if you're going for seeds you could start them off now in pots so they are ready for planting out when you've got space. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you need a rest this week though ;)

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Image Woah! 10 days growth!

Unfortunately the weeds grow just as fast around the veggies and garden too!
I did remove lots of the weeds after taking the photo, then forgot to take another.

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:01 am

Look how lovely and green it looks :thumbsup:

Previous

Return to The Veggie Patch