hf1

A steep gardening lurning curve on it's way!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

A steep gardening lurning curve on it's way!

Postby clothmama » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:40 pm

Our garden looked lovely in the agents pics and still totally manageable when we viewed it in the depths of winter. When we came back we discovered that spring had hit in a huge way! Some of the grass is taller than me, the fig trees have turned into mountains and the whole thing is making me :panic: We can't even work out what some of the stuff is! With help from friends we have discovered: at least 2 hazelnut trees, a walnut tree (or more), 3-4 figs, peaches and other unidentifyable fruit trees! There is a solid huge poly tunnel frame and a concrete base and gate and poles (just not the wire) for chickens :yahoo: - self sufficiency dreams looking like a possibility at this house! I even found what I'm pretty sure is some raised beds under a huge area of grass / growth! We are slowly getting bits strimmed ect but it will be a long job. Here are a few pics (finally - sorry!):

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: A steep gardening lurning curve on it's way!

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:48 pm

I love the purple clematis!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:29 pm

What a magical looking place!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:40 pm

Wow that looks fab :thumbsup:

I m sure it all looks pretty daunting especially when you have everything else to sort out at the house too.
I m sure once you cut lots of the grass it will look more manageable.
You could leave a bit of it to be a wild meadow area ;) it's good for the animals and wildlife :widesmile:

My advice would be to tackle one bit at a time and you lol feel like you be accomplished something. If you dart about in gardens it never feels like you get anywhere! Those plants are worse at making a mess when your back is turned than kids :hohoho: !

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:51 pm

JabberJabber wrote:I love the purple clematis!

I think it is a passion flower but now I'm not sure!
ems101 wrote:What a magical looking place!

It is, just outside the village in a tiny hamlet with great views. We opened our post box to an invite later this month for a street party :) Lots of work but we love it!

confusinglady wrote:Wow that looks fab :thumbsup:

I m sure it all looks pretty daunting especially when you have everything else to sort out at the house too.
I m sure once you cut lots of the grass it will look more manageable.
You could leave a bit of it to be a wild meadow area ;) it's good for the animals and wildlife :widesmile:

My advice would be to tackle one bit at a time and you lol feel like you be accomplished something. If you dart about in gardens it never feels like you get anywhere! Those plants are worse at making a mess when your back is turned than kids :hohoho: !

Yes that is what we are thinking a little area at a time! I've asked for a path to my washing line to be strimmed tomorrow :giggle:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:47 pm

Sounds like a good plan :thumbsup:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:14 am

clothmama wrote:
JabberJabber wrote:I love the purple clematis!

I think it is a passion flower but now I'm not sure!

Nope, on looking again, you are quite right!

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:29 pm

Looks great! @MrC will have to find a nice fig jam recipe if our neighbours fig tree is anything to go by!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:02 pm

Sat out having a glass if wine before bed (boys currently sleeping in living room so have been going to bed early). This is the current view of my jungle from the terrace from right to left!

Next

Return to The Veggie Patch