hf1

Re: Mini bottle greenhouses! What now?!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Re: Mini bottle greenhouses! they've grown update!

Postby confusinglady » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:41 pm

Yay fab!! :yahoo:
Wts re the plants. They look good :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Mini bottle greenhouses! they've grown update!

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:31 pm

What now :panic: some of them are really big but not sure what I'm supposed to do next - frost danger hasn't totally past (we had on last night). Should I leave them as they are or transplant them into little pots?

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Mini bottle greenhouses! they've grown update!

Postby Aeseldyr » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:34 pm

clothmama wrote:What now :panic: some of them are really big but not sure what I'm supposed to do next - frost danger hasn't totally past (we had on last night). Should I leave them as they are or transplant them into little pots?

Are they ourside? If they are inside I would just take of the "hat" and let them grow until its warm enough - maybe put them in something bigger.
If they are outside I would maybe put them in at night and still take the "hat" of. Its so much warmer during the day where you live so its really hard to say from my northern perspective :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:45 pm

They are outside - that is the cool thing about them - the guy who I learnt about it from lives somewhere in the USA where they have deep snow for months and his are outside and he said he ends up with awesome hardy plants - they would be a great way for you to get gardening a bit early next winter!

I'm just worried about the basil and a couple of the others being too close together. I've been opening the lids in the day if it is hot and closing overnight, just not sure when to transplant and if it should be straight to the ground or into pots!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:56 pm

I would put them in bigger pots if they are really outgrowing the bottlehouses. Would put them in the ground half may.

Previous

Return to The Veggie Patch