2016 Harvest!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

2016 Harvest!

Postby clothmama » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:14 am

I thought it would be fun to see what we are harvesting from our gardens this year! Mine has just started to produce lots of bits:
Wednesday nights haul, radishes, lettuce, peas:
My first corguettes of the year - so pleased with these, had them for dinner and they were yum!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: 2016 Harvest!

Postby confusinglady » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:49 am

:yahoo: looks great! It's so worth all the work when you start harvesting it. I ve harvested some lettuce and lots of strawberries but forgotten to take a photo before we ate them :giggle:
I can see lots of yellow courgettes appearing on the plants so before long I ll be over run!
New second freezer arrives next week so I ll be prepared to store it all :)
Oh and cucumbers but I don't think they store well so we ll just have to eat lots!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:38 am

I saw one strawberry but a bird or something had got it - I need to put the net over (add to list of things to do :eek: )

I seem to have got 2 more courgettes overnight to yesterday but forgot to go back and pick them so I hope they aren't too big this morning LOL!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:01 am

clothmama wrote:I saw one strawberry but a bird or something had got it - I need to put the net over (add to list of things to do :eek: )

I seem to have got 2 more courgettes overnight to yesterday but forgot to go back and pick them so I hope they aren't too big this morning LOL!

That is the only thing about courgettes, they sneak up on you! Dd2 is very excited about the courgettes as she remembers picking one as big as her leg last year :giggle: she thought it was hilarious!
I m hoping to catch them all before that point this year!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:03 am

Ps the slugs have been eating my strawberries, or its Been so wet they've rotten as I haven't got any straw to go around them.
I didn't buy any new strawberries this year , they are just last years ones that reproduced. You should really have one row of new as they should only be used for two years but ah well!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:45 am

Hmmm mine could have been slugs actually - I would have thought a bird would have taken all and there was 1/2 left. Slugs can't be kept off with netting though :hohoho:

Eeek you have me worried now I need to go and check them! What on earth do you do wiht them if they go huge?

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:40 pm

clothmama wrote:Hmmm mine could have been slugs actually - I would have thought a bird would have taken all and there was 1/2 left. Slugs can't be kept off with netting though :hohoho:

Eeek you have me worried now I need to go and check them! What on earth do you do wiht them if they go huge?

I read that as the strawberries going huge! 'Nothing wrong with that' I thought!
You mean the courgettes right?!
They turn into marrows ....... Nicer as courgettes but still usable ;)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:34 am

Friday night I'd noticed a ready courgette and thought 'must pick that tomorrow' - ended up busy out with petanque and people over for a drink and only got it last night :shock: :shock: :shock: won't make that mistake again in just 48 hours it had already got huge! I also found 1 lone strawberry, J and I shared it and it was yummy :giggle: Here it is next to a normal sized one :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:33 am

A Peppa pig bucket of peas (because that is the most stylish way to collect your peas of course :wink: :lol: ).

There was also another strawberry with a bit of one end eaten by a worm but cut it off and gave it to Remy!

Next

Return to The Veggie Patch