hf1

The Veg patch 2017

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: The Veg patch 2017

Postby confusinglady » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:22 pm

Wow just looking back at my veggie patch diary from last year. Whoops I seemed to have stopped in July!
Will add some more photos.

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:30 pm

It looks great Nicola @confusinglady :yahoo:

Last year I had only a mud-whole of a garden - this year there are posibilities so can't wait for spring to come :waiting: : giggle:
What are your plans this year?

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:41 pm

These were the end of summer last year:

Image Image Image Image

I had 2/3 peppers that turned orange from the one plant. Had wanted more but I planted 3 plants and the others just didn't grow. We had loads of aubergine from 3 plants. Just the right number of tomatoes at a regular time to keep our salad bowl full at mealtimes. We never had a glut which was great as they were cherry style tomatoes so not great for freezing or anything. We had a steady rate of runner beans and cucumbers.
Lots of plums which I processed and froze and we've been enjoying plum crumbles all winter.
We have leeks in the ground at the moment, might harvest a few for leek and potato soup which was the plan.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:57 pm

2018 plans:
I would really like to redo our raised beds and have most of our veg growing in them rather than the ground. Im hoping that will help with the slugs and make the upkeep easier. Not sure it will happen though :giggle:

Thinking out loud I think we ll grow:
Spinach
Little gem lettuce
Carrots
Peas
Runner beans
Tomatoes
Peppers
Cucumbers
Aubergine

We have our plum trees, little vine and 2 tiny apple trees ( which produce a handful of apples).

I can't decide whether to do potatoes or not. I did a bag last year, think I might do that again.

Previous

Return to The Veggie Patch