Site Admin

Re: 2018 veggie patch!

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:17 pm

Early October:
  • 72 leeks

14 October:
  • 60 Germidour pink soft neck garlic

Mid October ? :lookround:
  • Onions (but can't remember which sort it was now though!)
  • 2 varieties of winter lettuce (can't remember what they were now) but they weren't ready for Christmas as I thought they would be. The same thing happened the first year and they came good in early spring so not worried!

Early / mid January 2018 Again no date - should have recorded straight away!
  • Around 50 (had to chuck some so didn't count them properly) Thermidor (? - need to check the variety) garlics planted

25 February
I've planted loads of seeds today, I'm trying Charles Dowding multisowing ideas - so instead of just 1 beetroot for example I'll grow 4 together - apparently it really increases your yields in a smaller space - you get slightly smaller veg but 4 instead of 1!
  • Dill - 4 (3 per cell)
  • Beetroot - 4 (4 per cell)
  • Swiss Chard - 12 (3 per cell)
  • Coriander - 8 ( 3 per cell)
  • Spring Onions - 8 (8 per cell)
  • Radish - 12 (5 per cell)
  • Welsh Onions (perenial) - 8 (I think forgot to write it down)
  • Rocket
  • Zinnias x 12
  • Cosmos x 12

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed May 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Early October:
  • 72 leeks

14 October:

• 2 varieties of winter lettuce (can't remember what they were now) but they weren't ready for Christmas as I thought they would be. The same thing happened the first year and they came good in early spring so not worried!

• Around 50 (had to chuck some so didn't count them properly) Thermidor (? - need to check the variety) garlics planted

25 February
I've planted loads of seeds today, I'm trying Charles Dowding multisowing ideas - so instead of just 1 beetroot for example I'll grow 4 together - apparently it really increases your yields in a smaller space - you get slightly smaller veg but 4 instead of 1!
  • Dill - 4 (3 per cell)
  • Rocket
  • Zinnias x 12
  • Cosmos x 12

12 May
  • Tomatoes (actually 2 were planted a couple of weeks earlier but cna't remember when) x 11 - various Beefsteak varities, a pineapple, and some cherry varieties
  • Aubergine - 2x Joël, 1 x Douga (?)

16 May
[*]Planted chillis - 3x Thai, 1 x Halepeno, 1 x ?, 1x ? (will check and update).

Still have all the cucumbers / corgettes / butternuts / other squashes etc to plant but I've been slack / rained / flu and the ground isn't totally prepped. The area with the tomatoes / chillis etc is under black plastic and I'm tempted to do some other areas as well just to help me get on top of the weeds and make my life a bit easier.

Alot of the seeds didn't make it - such awful weather with rain right through until mid April so only just starting to get going really. I also later (maybe a few weeks ago) planted some tomato and courgette seeds and they seem to be doing quite well so will pot them on / plant out in the next few days (rain is due to go away again).

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon May 28, 2018 1:03 pm

Early October:
  • 72 leeks

14 October:

25 February
  • Dill - 4 (3 per cell)
  • Rocket
  • Zinnias x 12
  • Cosmos x 12

12 May
  • Tomatoes (actually 2 were planted a couple of weeks earlier but cna't remember when) x 11 - various Beefsteak varities, a pineapple, and some cherry varieties
  • Aubergine - 2x Joël, 1 x Douga (?)

16 May
  • Planted chillis - 3x Thai, 1 x Halepeno, 1 x ?, 1x ? (will check and update).

24 May
  • Brassica bed
    Romanesco
    Cabbage
    Broccoli? Actually can't remember have little faith they will work but have put 5 things in to see if any

25 May
  • 5 x Black Beauty courgette

28 May
  • Lg Aubergine - round bed
  • Pepper - round bed
  • 5 x cherry / massaka (sp) tomatoes - round bed
  • Moved some calendula to the round bed quadrant with above tomatoes etc

Previous

Return to The Veggie Patch