2018 veggie patch!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

2018 veggie patch!

Postby clothmama » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:53 pm

I was thinking I felt mad starting this thread but saw that of course Sara is ahead of me :hohoho: :hohoho: @littlesez

Very pleased today I have planted the first area up with onions and bought 2 varieties of garlic to put in as well so must do that before I fly next weekend. Leeks went in the other week which I'll still be harvesting early in the year too :).
I've started committing things to the planner, long way to go! I'm sure I won't get most of the stuff on there until the depths of winter!:
https://www.growveg.com/garden-plans/871052/

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Re: 2018 veggie patch!

Postby littlesez » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:15 pm

I'm gonna be doing all the prep now for spring. All the boring stuff like digging, weeding and such. Good job kids are green fingered coz it's a big job :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:47 pm

littlesez wrote:I'm gonna be doing all the prep now for spring. All the boring stuff like digging, weeding and such. Good job kids are green fingered coz it's a big job :hohoho:

Mine are either too old (won't help) or too young (OMG he pulled up half my newly planted leeks this week and told me he was 'weeding' :x :x :hohoho: ) so enjoy it @littlesez and yes prep work is all now!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:14 pm

Leeks in - I quite like the structural look of leeks! They have actually grown pretty well in the 10 days or so since I planted them!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Early October:
  • 72 leeks

14 October:
  • 60 Germidour pink soft neck garlic

Return to The Veggie Patch