2018 Harvests and flowers!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

2018 Harvests and flowers!

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:55 pm

Not too shabby - did home-made burgers for dinner and didn't have any salad stuff to put on them so I went out to the garden with a torch and managed to get a few leaves off some very small lettuces :giggle: Not bad for January at all! :widesmile:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: 2018 Harvests and flowers!

Postby clothmama » Thu May 17, 2018 7:46 pm

Swiss Chard from last year been going really well until this week when it bolted a bit the chickens love it (and were constantly being chased away from it :giggle: ) I've actually left one bolted on in just for them to eat :hohoho:

We've had the odd strawberry but tonight we had our first decent harvest - 210grams! A 250gm punnet at the local shop (locally grown ones) is €3 - so really not bad!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu May 17, 2018 7:57 pm

Seems that the slugs are having a bit of a field day though as yesterday I got a big handful and had to chuck at least half of them :cry: I have put a cover over the main strawberry patch so the birds arent' eating them but they are still being got - very sad :(

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu May 17, 2018 10:42 pm

I dislike slugs muchly!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon May 21, 2018 10:56 am

395 grams of strawberry's today :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: and looks like the same again will be ready for tomorrow :yahoo: :yahoo:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon May 28, 2018 12:29 pm

Wed 355g
Friday 305g
Sunday 265g

That's well over a kg of strawberries in a week :yahoo: :yahoo:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:48 am

My planting just went to pot this year and I have very little actually in the ground :oops: :oops: guttted I didn't plant any pumpkins or butternut :cry: :cry: Spring was just a wet nightmare then it got roasting hot so the seedlings didn't make it!

Courgettes (x4) doing well and producing daily, tomatoes are starting and so are the aubergines. Chillis and peppers are growing well so waiting for them to ripen. Peach trees starting to produce as well and the Mirabelle plums nearly ready so I need to get all my jam making stuff ready :loopy: :loopy: and make sure i have lots of freezer bags in!

This is what we harvested last night:

Also got lots and lots of garlic and at least a kilo or so of onions this week

I weighed it all (plus some that was on the bench from the last couple of days) and we got:
1.2 kg of tomatoes
725g aubergines
2.2 kg courgettes

:yahoo:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:38 pm

Well done! They look lovely :)
My garden is to pot too! Same reason as you. Spring was too cold and wet and then it was suddenly hot hot hot! Seedlings either froze or perished. My green house is doing ok but is late. No tomatoes yet but have had lots of cucumber. I feel like giving up on the outside stuff as the corgettes are doing nothing the beans got fried, salad bolting and carrots over heating. Leeks are doing ok but that is all I'd have in over winter so considering this a good time to rebuild the raised beds.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:34 am

J went harvesting the other night and got a huge box!

Grrr seem to have lost the bit of paper where I weighed everything but over 2kg of tomatoes, a kilo of aubergines and peppers and chillis! Cooling down at night a bit so not sure if things will slow down a bit.

Next

Return to The Veggie Patch