My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Spring cleaning anyone?

Postby Louise » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:07 am

I am spring cleaning atm but TBH there's not much to do as I regularly clean things like kitchen cupboards,fridge, freezer, oven, windows, skirting boards, under sofas etc etc. The main thing I do when spring cleaning are sort things out that haven't been used for a while and recycle/upcycle/give away/throw away.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Well I have done half of our bedroom, just need to go back up and sort out my wardrobe now that I have had some lunch. Really struggling to find the motivation today as I have a headache that just won't shift :evil:

Rox I didn't get bad tiredness with Darcy either, actually I always feel at my best when pregnant thankfully! Hope you start to get your energy back soon :night:

Jcmellor, Darcy makes a mess too, but it is confined to the living room mainly! I am lucky that my DH has been home a lot lately as things are quiet in work until after Easter so have been making the most of having someone to look after Darcy whilst I get on with it!

Kirsty, the carpet edges drive me mad, especially with having a dog too, that seems to malt constantly! I have found using a baby wipe and rubbing my finger along the edge has been really easy to bring up the dust/hair!

Louise, you sound like super woman with all the stuff you do on a regular basis :giggle: how you find time to do everything you do with 4 little ones I dont know. I must admit I do actually do more cleaning since having Darcy than I used to before :oops: but thats probably because I am home more. The main reason behind my cleaning is to sort through things too. We are hoping to move early next year, and the thought of doing a big clear out with a toddler and a newborn just doesn't sound good so I am determined to get rid of as much as possible now.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:43 pm

As we are moving house soon (I hope), I'm not spring cleaning this house as I know the new one will need doing (been rented out for a while and although good, looks grubby).

We are keeping on top of the basics - washing, vacuuming, cleaning bathroom and loo and doing the minimum of dusting too.

The biggest thing we are doing is going through all the cupboards sorting stuff out and passing things on / chucking out as necessary, as I really don't want to move un-needed things into the new house.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Last pregnancy I did a deep clean around 38 weeks incl going up ladders doing windows etc.This time it really needs doing but I have no energy and My hips and pelvis get painful after about 10 mins of doing anything! Might just try and get the basics done.

Previous

Return to Domestic Goddess