hf1

Dog wee stains in carpet

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Dog wee stains in carpet

Postby tracedw » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:23 am

Ds1 has a lovely cream rug on his bedroom floor, well last night as all the boys and myself were playing in a bedroom the dog crept upstairs(she is not allowed upstairs) and wee'ed on his rug :x its bright yellow and wont come out.
I've tried the diluted white vinegar method and scrubbed with washing up liquid, it wont budge, its almost glow in the dark yellow :evil: any other ideas ladies because the rug is ruined.
Thanks Tracy

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Dog w* stains

Postby cumbrianlass » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:44 am

Try option 3 using vanish oxi action stuff - might want to patch test first though so it doesnt eat the rug

http://www.dogchatforum.com/dog_urine_odor.htm

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:04 am

What sort of fabric is the rug? I would have another go or two at shifting the stain myself, then maybe see if the dry cleaners can have a go? Lastly, can it be dyed? A nice blue/green?

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:14 am

Its 100% wool, i have had another go with a vanish stick and some soda crystals and its fading a bit buts its still yellow, luckily its near the edge of the rug so i will just have to turn it 180 and have the stain by the window.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:43 pm

try biological washing powder. might be worth doing a spot test first. mix into a paste with some water and scrub, leave on for a few hours and then Hoover up. then rinse with wet cloth.

My avatar
stacey10782010
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby stacey10782010 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:46 pm

can it not go in the machine on a wool wash?

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:59 pm

stacey10782010 wrote:can it not go in the machine on a wool wash?

Its a heavy hessian backed 6ftx 4ft wool rug , one of my more practical purchases :giggle:

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:22 pm

oh no! we have a pup that still has accidents. i always svrub with soapy water, discinfect the area and scrub with vannish foam, leave that till dry then hoover over.

My avatar
mummytochloe
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Wee out of carpet

Postby mummytochloe » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:19 pm

My daughter or cat has weed on the carpet, we found out where put disinfectant down and scrubbed It used towel to soak up water. Well if I.go Into living room there is still a musty smeel and its definitely from.sane patch of carpet how do I get rid of it. The carpet itself smells musty in the place and make room smell too

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess