hf1

Getting Organised

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Getting Organised

Postby northernruth » Tue May 01, 2012 2:24 pm

I must be a right dirty mare cos I only change our bedding every two weeks.........

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Tue May 01, 2012 2:26 pm

northernruth wrote:I must be a right dirty mare cos I only change our bedding every two weeks.........

I alternate now - one week for O's and one week for ours, unless needed.

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:45 pm

northernruth wrote:I must be a right dirty mare cos I only change our bedding every two weeks.........

it's ok Ruth, I've just realised I haven't done the kids since we moved in 2 weeks ago and I haven't unpacked the clean stuff yet and not entirely sure where the box is so it won't be getting done today. Ours was only done because I'd put Evie in a medium WNNN(had run out of larges) and she gets major builders bum in them and was sat up on our bed when she pooed and it just spurted up out the back of the nappy like a volcano :puke:

Getting everything ready the night before is something else I'm going to have to start doing, I hate rushing in the morning and then that would give me time to get a couple of small jobs done whilst the kids eat.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue May 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Does DH help? between you can you sort out a rota/ who does what type thing. In our house DH does the shopping and irons Marth'as stuff and I do the washing, he takes out the bins etc. I mop the kitchen floor, he tidies the washing away etc etc. We have a cleaner too but it helps if we each have our own jobs, he is not working at the moment so will do the washing etc but normally that works ok for us.

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:19 pm

He does loads, after Catrin was born and I was so ill he did everything, then when I was well enough to go back to work he was a SAHD so he did nearly everything. His problem is that he doesn't prioritise stuff very well, he'll plough through the washing but not put any of it away so the clean pile overflows and stuff ends getting mixed back in with the dirty and things end up being washed twice, or he starts stuff but never finishes it. I'm just a lazy cow who'd rather sit on my bum :giggle:

I think set jobs would be best and a rota for DH, I just need a kick up the bum I think, I might start posting on the daily chores thread and then if I don't finish my list you can all shout at me.

Previous

Return to Domestic Goddess