hf1

Whites

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Are your whites white?

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:17 am

What washing powder do you use to keep white clothes white? DH's Jujitsu outfit is supposed to be white, but it's a very dirty white right now :-? There's even brownish stains on the back of it that haven't come out, despite using Ariel stain remover powder in every wash. I only wash it with other whites, and it has navy trim and badges so can't just be bleached. I'm using Persil Colour Bio powder on everything at the minute (I buy whatever is on offer), would it be worth using a different powder for whites? Or might I have success with Vanish or the likes?

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Are your whites white?

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:24 am

I like my whites to be white and think nothing beats Ariel :)

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:55 am

We use ariel too, I also use a colour catcher in the wash just in case as I do a lights load not whites and lights.

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:44 pm

For stains I swear by the pink skooshy stuff. For whites I add aspirin to the wash, seems to help.

My avatar
lizzibeff
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lizzibeff » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:50 pm

I've started using Bold 2 in 1 (i used to use Persil Powder) and my recent load of whites came out grey! Definitely do not recommend :(

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:32 pm

for stains i spot treat whites with flash kitchen spray as it has bleach in. I do mine and Kyle's karate suits with lidl's own bio powder and they are still nice and white. I hang light colours in the sun if they have stains.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Another vote here for Ariel too :D

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:07 pm

I use bold 2 in 1 as my main detergent but for white only loads (bedding / shirts / towels) i like to add in the ariel whitener gel. works fab!

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 pm

My eldest son chews his white school polo shirt collar :evil: :roll: The polo shirt comes home grey where he has spent all day chewing! I do the soak it in the whitening Vanish for twelve hours then wash thing. The Vanish doesn't help added into the machine but does work if left to soak. :thumbsup:

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess