hf1

I need a new tumble drier!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

I need a new tumble drier!

Postby megansmummy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 am

My beloved washer/dryer died last week...I have a new washing machine and I want a seperate tumble drier...any rec's? I cant make it through the winter without one!! :oops: Im going to have to put it in the conservatory so im not sure wether to have vented or condenser :-?

No posh fancy ones as money is tight...im keeping an eye out on free cycle/ebay and local selling groups on FB etc too...

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: I need a new tumble drier!

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:40 pm

No idea but I reakon eBay ect is a good way to go you should get a bargain!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Louise and a few others really recommend the heated airer from lakeland as alternative to an actual drier xx

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Yep, I bought one which was about £85, it's pretty good and cheaper to run than a tumble drier. Other people suggested using a dehumidifier next to the airer, apparently it speeds up drying time loads, again cheaper to run than a tumble drier.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:39 pm

eviesmummy wrote:Louise and a few others really recommend the heated airer from lakeland as alternative to an actual drier xx

yeah i was just looking at those again but I have no where to put it that little people wont pull everything off it :-? I can only put it in the conservatory or on the landing and I just know Darcie will constantly be unloading it :roll:

Plus I only have safe space for one airer up in the house (I have to stand it in the bath!) so I just dont have enough drying space for everything which is why I used my last drier so much :oops:

Return to Domestic Goddess