hf1

Argh, need a moan!

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Argh, need a moan!

Postby Jellybelly6 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:12 pm

I am having a reshuffle of rooms here. What was my dinning room has become my eldests bedroom. I decorated it last month after we finally managed to get the repair work done to our ceiling. I still have some "little" jobs to finish like his blinds. He has two windows in his room and they are really long and narrow so not in the slightest standard! It took me ALL day yesterday to get one done and up. I attached fabric to a cheap Ikea blackout blinds. It looks great but I still have the other one to do.

Next I need to decorate DS1's old room so it can become DS2's bedroom as he is still in with us. Once I have done that I need to decorate our bedroom and put a desk etc in where the cot currently is as we have lost our office space with the dinning room!

Meanwhile I work four days a week and have "stuff" everywhere due to all the rooms moving and redecorating and I have the normal housework to do. My DH is hopeless at decorating and only slightly better at housework and quite frankly I am a bit fed up with the mess.

Please someone wave the magic domestic goddess wand and give me more hours in the day :-?

Anyway thanks for listening to me moaning if you made it this far down the page as really in the grand scheme of things this is nothing!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Argh, need a moan!

Postby Bugglyboo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:16 pm

That can't be easy. We have stuff everywhere as there isn't room for any more storage in the caravan. It's so stressful having to walk round it, extract it from Ed or trip over it/knock it over.
I hope you manage to get the jobs done soon so that life can return to normal.

My avatar
clothpixie
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clothpixie » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:27 pm

I feel your pain! We are currently having a new kitchen fitted, we are on day one, they should be finished tomorrow. The dining room is being changed into a bedroom for DD as she currently shares with DS2 and our extension is being renovated into a dining room and playroom....the chaos is awful! The utility room also needs the walls and ceiling replacing. It's really getting to me that it all won't be completed before the baby is due in mid November!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:21 pm

It will be chaos here too after Christmas when I will be starting to swap everyone's bedrooms around - dh and I are moving upstairs to what is currently the boys bedroom, the girls will also be moving upstairs to the boys playroom and the boys will each be getting a bedroom downstairs. its going to be mad - I will be telling myself it will be worth it in the end :)

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Thanks everyone, I am feeling much better after getting all those moans out and it sounds like lots of us are in the same boat. I don't mind the work it is just the mess that annoys me.

I am really looking forwards to the end results as it will be much better that where we were at the start of the process with a huge hole in our ceiling etc etc.

We did the kitchen last year, what a nightmare. We had to do it as our floorboards had got badly water damaged so everything had to come out so they could get fixed so it took over a week. All I can say is I am delighted I don't have to do that again and I am delighted with the result :hohoho:

Return to Domestic Goddess