hf1

Need a new washer

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Need a new washer

Postby emmab16 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:40 pm

We need a washing machine, ours has been fixed for now, but it's nearly 10 years old so if it goes again then we'll need a new one.

The engineer that came out suggested a Bosch, and on the john lewis website there is one for £339 + cost of extra warranty , but then there are indesits which are £100 cheaper.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Xxx

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Need a new washer

Postby Caroline » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:47 pm

AEG get my vote. My original one died after 9 years and I replaced it, only a few months ago, with another AEG. Spin speed, variety of washes/temperatures, length of washes and energy ratings are the things I look for, oh and a delay timer so it can come on over night.

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:12 pm

My last bosch died after 3 yrs! Just got a new one. Went for a beko as it has a quick wash and cool rinse without needing to spin. Spin is 1600. Cost £266 from argos. So far so good :)

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Hotpoint/Indesit are the same manufacturer and give a 2 year parts and labour and an additional 3 year parts guarantee - after the first 2 years you can get insurance that costs about £40 a year to cover the labour! Ours is now just over 5 years old and broke down back in October - thankfully I had taken an extended years insurance cover for £60 so it was repaired and so far, touch wood, is going great - that £60 covers me for the year, as many repairs as needed or a new machine if mine is beyond fixing!

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:46 pm

Might go for the cheapest one then.... It's properly broken now :(

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:24 pm

:( Our last machine, a Hotpoint, broke at least twice a year; we had it for 5 years and scrapped it this year.The Zanussi before that was fine for 3 years then the electrics went and I had to replace it. We recently got an Indesit washer dryer which has been fine so far.

Return to Domestic Goddess