hf1

Bedding for newbie to no night nappies

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Bedding for newbie to no night nappies

Postby scarlet » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:21 am

I'm looking for a waterproof mattress protector for Pearls bed , we ran out of nappies this week so decided to just go for it and have been using a bin bag with a towel over it under the sheet. One accident so far and it's worked well but need something actually fit for purpose and not a bin bag . Ha I don't want to spend a fortune and would also like to get one for our king size bed in case she comes in with us. :) thanks x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Bedding for newbie to no night nappies

Postby Louise » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:32 am

Hippychick mattress protectors are good. The kingsize isn't cheap though, its about £40/£50. TBH I don't think you'll get a decent kingsize protector that cheaply. I've found that the cheaper waterproof ones are very plasticy and not comfy to sleep on at all.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:54 am

Louise wrote:Hippychick mattress protectors are good. The kingsize isn't cheap though, its about £40/£50. TBH I don't think you'll get a decent kingsize protector that cheaply. I've found that the cheaper waterproof ones are very plasticy and not comfy to sleep on at all.

Exactly what Louise said. We have Hippychick ones and they are so soft we don't need another sheet over the top.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 pm

I made ours for our double bed. A layer of fleece, a large big old cotton towel then a layer of PUL. for izzys bed she had weenotions ones

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:33 pm

I have a brolly sheet for Ds3 and will be getting one for dd when she moves to single bed, bought mine from amazon.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks ladies ,I just bid on a hippy chick sheet on eBay before seeing this post so that's good. Someone else suggested brolly sheet but none on eBay , although they do have a few in the sale! Think I also need a few more duvet covers and fitted sheets!

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:12 pm

I have the legilind one from the nappy lady & love it! Just checked her site & apparently the hippychick ones are the same :)

Return to Domestic Goddess