My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Whats your laundry routine?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Random topic of the day!

mine is

The toots get undressed at the end of the day and all clothes go straight into the washing machine. Which gets filled up with everything else. Wash goes on, and dry. Then I normally wait for 2 days worth (so far I've managed to get 4 loads of drying on the laundry floor and still able to get around!). Then everything goes onto my bed and i sort into piles and put away.

Riley and Lockie have got a set of 4 high drawers. Top 2 (left and right) is combined jimjams and undies. Then Lockie is on the left Riley on the right, and its short sleeved tops, long sleeved tops, bottoms. Lola has something similar. And nothing is on hangers.

I then do towels/bedding as needed. No ironing, no seperating colours whites darks etc.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Whats your laundry routine?

Postby littlesez » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:35 pm

I don't really have one as such isobella puts her dirty stuff in her mickey mouse basket as and when then I wash at some point in the day then we hang out clothes together I usually do 5 washes a week but soon will be more !

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:59 pm

I do lots of laundry as the bedding and towels get changed every week plus all the swimming and gym stuff too. I probably do 2 full loads a day.

I load the machine up at night with whatever is needed (tonight it's Max's clothes I think) and set the timer to come on so one load is ready when I get up. I wash whites separately and only iron the bare minimum.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Don't have one, if the basket is full I sort into colours/ dark/ light and chuck in whichever pile is biggest with wool, towels and bedding bring done as and when. I do at least one load a day then fold in to piles (mine/ OH/ Austin/ Holly/ironing basket) and put away anything that's not for ironing.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:05 pm

I generally do two loads a day as we also have DH's football and gym kits to do.

I'll just rotate between dark/light/bright/towels/nappies/kit as necessary.

I only iron shirts and school uniform.

One load will go on first thing every day and the other at teatime, but we do have a tumble dryer and a large airer to keep up. I also try to put the clean stuff away every day.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Iris and Callum's bedding is washed on Fridays.
Our bedding is washed on Saturdays.
Towels and bathmats are done on Sundays.
Whites get done on Mondays.
Swimming stuff is done on Thursdays and Saturdays.

And then there's the nappies and regular laundry which gets squeezed in around that schedule during the week. :giggle: I wash Iris' and Callum's stuff along with all the underwear. DH and my stuff gets washed together - they're separated as the children's stuff gets washed at 40c and our stuff gets done at 30c. I don't iron.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Everything except nappies goes in a laundry basket in the hall when dirty. We divide washing into:

- nappies
- clothes
- whites/tea towels
- bedding

Then wash whichever pile is biggest, one or two loads a day. We have a washer dryer so in this weather I take out the delicates when washed then put the drying function on. I try to put everything away or in the ironing bag as soon as it's dry.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:44 pm

I have a laundry basket in DDs room, and one in DSs room. I used to keep their stuff separate but now it gets put in wherever we get them ready for bed, and gets washed when the basket doesn't shut anymore :oops:

We have a three-compartment hamper for whites/coloureds/blacks of mine and DHs, and they get emptied and washed when they are full. Towels, sheets etc are as and when I remember/have chance.

Nappies are done every 2-3 days when the bucket and bags are full (there's a theme here!)

Some days I do 3 or 4 loads, I am struggling to keep up with it all atm so we have finally given in and bought a tumble-drier, it'll be here next month :wine:

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:16 pm

sadly i use the tumble dryer for everything apart from nappies. we live in such a small house and the airers were taking over so i have a lakeland heated airer for the nappies. i do one load of clothes/towels washing a day, and one load of nappies a day (i have 2 in cloth full time, plus wipes/csps etc) and i have a vomity baby lol

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess