hf1

Boys toilet help! Update pg3

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Boys toilet help!

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Jellybelly6 wrote:One of the school mum's I know has four boys and a husband and call the bit at the side of the toilet p*ss alley! Boys! :roll:

That's exactly how it is!!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:06 am

I feel for you :roll: we have 3 toilets, en suite on the first floor, which gets used as the main toilet during the day by us all, cloak room downstairs, hardly used, and what's supposed to be the main bathroom up on the second floor, but since Rhys is the only one with a bedroom up there, he's mostly the only one to use it, and he NEVER flushes it :roll: , I tend to go up there once a day and sort it, but boys are just gross :puke:

Our downstairs loo had lino which I just pulled up this week, not sure why it was down at all as there are lovely cream tiles underneath, but under the lino there were a lot of mystery stains, and the room had always been a bit smelly, no matter what I did, it's great now though.
I'm very tempted to remove it from the top bathroom too, but suspect there are only floorboards under it up there, and I'm not bothered investing money in expensive floor paint or wax for this house as we'll be leaving in a few months.

If there's anyway you can remove the lino, if say that'd be half your problem solved. Lino in bathrooms is evil.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:38 am

Isn't this the point that we can all say 'boys smell' ?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:32 pm

@docmaggoo Did you manage to do any more investigations today, in operation wee wee :lol:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:29 pm

We had a mosaic tiled loo floor & wee just sticks to it - nothing got the smell out only bicarb of soda. I was so fed up of cleaning it & leaving the soda to dry then vaccum off that I bought some vinyl flooring and laid it myself!

The seal wasn't great around the loo and wee was getting in so only last week I cut around to enable a wider strip of sealant to go down and no more wee getting under the vinyl :thumbsup:

I couod throttle them though for still weeing on the floor. I call myself lil miss pi$$y feet because I am forever standing or slipping in blooming wee :roll: :evil:

Every day I soak wee up & clean the floor. I have told DH that I *need* my own toilet and they can all fester in the stinky loo :x

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:33 pm

I always wear slippers when visiting my bathroom simply because I hate the wet feet in the pee on the floor feel :ill:

Boys really are grot bags!

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:48 pm

How about wiping tea tree oil on the outside of the pan.
Do you use a washable pedestal mat? X

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Shaunie wrote:I call myself lil miss pi$$y feet because I am forever standing or slipping in blooming wee :roll: :evil:
:x

It's not quite that bad, thank goodness.
Although there is a puddle from time to time!

What gets me is ... They can't seem to smell it :shock: :shock:

@caroline
Haven't been able to investigate today as been visiting friends in Hartlepool.

But told DH... The vinyl HAS TO GO!!

Either that - or they will ALL be on a strict "sitting down only" regime!!

Thinking of tiling it - so at least it can be mopped properly!!

@jabberjabber
I totally agree.... Boys SMELL!!!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Its a life lesson for Eleanor!

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Goddess