Total votes : 14
My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

To Dyson or not to Dyson?

Postby clothmama » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:30 am

I was thinking about vacuums today as some of you had been talking about your vacuum. I've yet to own a vacuum that I've been happy with but never actually gone and bought a new one other than some cheapy ones at various times. Some of you seem to love your Dysons but I've also heard bad things - that they aren't worth the price and that there are other ones that are as good / better and cheaper.

So what do you have and do you like it / what would you rather?

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: To Dyson or not to Dyson?

Postby queen bee » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:08 pm

I have a dyson cylinder vacuum. I love it and will never buy another brand again. I've just bought a dyson handheld too. It's fab,

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby ems101 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Im loving it at the moment but a few minor issues that may be resolved in time. We got tge dc25 -on offer £240. Its amazing for picking up grub. Our lounge has never been so clean. But we have a few small rooms and corners which are difficult to get into as the hose bit isnt v flexible. It may loosen in time or it nay be detachable. ... I dont really do instructions!! Its quite heavy to move too. I wouldn't recommend for an elderly person or if you have back/wrist weakness. Again it may be that I m.just not very adept with it yet. We had a dirt devil before on offer at £50. Suction was awful, hose pipes broke v quickly and filters had to be replaced often at great expense.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:30 pm

Mine is ok but I think I would do a different model next time one which you pull round with the hose doing the work rather than an upright one if that even makes Sense!

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:30 pm

I just can't cope with the noise of the Dyson's. The newer ones may be a bit better now but I did hear one the other day and I thought was is that noise? I have a Miele and I love it.

My avatar
mrsm4
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mrsm4 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Miele here too it's very old now but still going good :-)

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:37 pm

We have a dyson animal upright- and it gets well used, I must Hoover 4 times a day!
I like them as they come with a 5 year guarantee.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:02 pm

I love Dyson's. Although we only have a handheld here because we don't have carpets so its not really worth spending the $$$ for a couple of rugs. But the handheld gets absolutely hammered. Our upright we have just doesn't do the same job as a Dyson.

Return to Domestic Goddess