hf1

What size drum do I need?

My avatar
allierat
Clothie
Clothie

Re: What size drum do I need?

Postby allierat » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:12 am

Did you order yet? I have a 9kg drum and it's a good size for a family of 4 (soon to be 5). I'd have chosen the 9kg also for the prewash function and the fact it says it rinses well. My washer has a steam function, it just does a 20 min freshen up with only steam, no water, very little agitation, to be honest I only ever used it once to see what it did!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:19 am

I have an 8 kg but would love a bigger one tbh but couldn't justify the huge hike in price to go up!

My avatar
musdih
Clothie
Clothie

Postby musdih » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi again
apologies for the apparent disappearance - I posted a reply 3 times on my iphone and when I come back to check for replies the post wasnt published so ive come on to the pc just to say thsnk you @clothmama @allierat
i went for the 9kg as the steam function will come in handy for ds2s allergies and i ciouldnt justify the extra £200+ for the 12kg machine
the machine does wash really well thankfully and i can add up to 3 rinses into the cotton programme so its been great and nappies are coming out much drier
no more staying in because of the washing machine
only downside is it does weigh the load and refuses ro budge if its been overloaded (inb weight)
thaanks again guys

My avatar
allierat
Clothie
Clothie

Postby allierat » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:05 am

Glad the machine is doing well for you. I suppose at least the overload thing will stop damage to the machine even if it is a little annoying at times.

Previous

Return to Domestic Goddess