Electric broom / small vacuum on stick?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Electric broom / small vacuum on stick?

Postby clothmama » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:07 pm

I feel like I spend forever each day sweeping and picking up stuff off the floor. A friend in Australia got an Electolux small electric vacuum thing that hung on it's charger when she had a toddler and said it changed her life. Has anyone got one and can recommend it or hate it?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Electric broom / small vacuum on stick?

Postby clothmama » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:07 pm

PS we have tiles not carpet.

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:15 pm

My friend has one as she has a long haired cat and golden retriever and she says it's amazing, worth every penny (not that I'm trying to compare your kids to her animals :giggle: )

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:18 pm

Dancing mum wrote:My friend has one as she has a long haired cat and golden retriever and she says it's amazing, worth every penny (not that I'm trying to compare your kids to her animals :giggle: )

LOL Rémy really likes throwing his food on the floor so quite frankly you wouldn't be far off the way the floor looks after a meal @Dancing mum :hohoho:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:17 pm

I have one and love it!
I use it everyday at least once for a quick whip around..... In fact I barely use the normal hoover :oops:

The only thing is it does fill up very quickly so I do have to empty it everyday too.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:29 pm

confusinglady wrote:I have one and love it!
I use it everyday at least once for a quick whip around..... In fact I barely use the normal hoover :oops:

The only thing is it does fill up very quickly so I do have to empty it everyday too.

@confusinglady what brand / type have you got?

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:46 pm

clothmama wrote:
confusinglady wrote:I have one and love it!

@confusinglady what brand / type have you got?

It's a dyson hand held one which we've had for about a year- we doubled up our tesco vouchers last year and pretty much got it for nothing. I m not sure which model or anything. DH got it as he'd wanted one for ages and I finally gave in :giggle:

Pros - I pick it up and go, it's so light and easy to use even isaac likes to have a go! It sucks up like a normal Hoover.
I can run it around the house very quickly if someone is coming round ;)

Cons: it fills up quickly so you have to empty it regularly. The main carpet bit ( like a normal Hoover) gets hair wrapped around it and needs cleaning more often than I found a big Hoover did.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:39 pm

A little up date - I got a Morphey Richards SuperVac in the end from MIL for Christmas. I LOVE IT!! Seriously we have been home a few days and my kitchen/living is looking so much better, it is raining so everyone is walking in dirt constantly which usually has me in tears after a couple of days but it looks fab thanks to whizzing my little vac around a good few times a day (more than I swept as that takes so much longer!). This little piece of kit has changed my life and I'm sooooo pleased I got one!

I loved the look of the Dyson ones but no way could afford one of them! I think I'll start saving for one for when mine dies though :giggle: Agree with you @confusinglady about the emptying but really what a small price to pay for not having to get out the broom and dustpan and brush upwards of 3 times a day :hohoho:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:27 pm

Fantastic @clothmama
:thumbsup:

I love mine and use it everyday at least once. I spent so long telling DH we didn't need one too!

Return to Domestic Goddess