hf1

Stand mixers / food processors? Pics added page 3!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Stand mixers / food processors? Pics added page 3!

Postby clothmama » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:37 pm

I need a food processor to do bulk chopping of onions etc but I also want a Kitchen aid stand mixer for my 40th (which is scarily coming up in early Feb :panic: !!). I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with all the options and don't want to end up with something that doubles up if that makes sense. Some of the things we've seen don't have a normal food processor bowl, just chopping disks - can these chop onions?

Can anyone recommend or give me some ideas or don’t' get / do get options?

@Louise

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Stand mixers / food processors?

Postby Louise » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:52 pm

I honestly woldn't bother with a Kitchenaid, get a Kenwood Major as it does everything! I :love: mine and would not be without it. This is mine.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:33 am

@Louise I've spotted a similar style of thing that I'm considering but my concern is how do you chop onions when there is no traditional 'food chopper' bowl?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:34 am

Louise wrote:I honestly woldn't bother with a Kitchenaid, get a Kenwood Major as it does everything! I :love: mine and would not be without it. This is mine.

Can't afford one of them :giggle: out of interest why dont' you rate the Kitchenaids? Am I just being silly because I love the look of them but there is something I'm missing?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:12 pm

clothmama wrote:
Louise wrote:I honestly woldn't bother with a Kitchenaid, get a Kenwood Major as it does everything! I :love: mine and would not be without it. This is mine.

Can't afford one of them :giggle: out of interest why dont' you rate the Kitchenaids? Am I just being silly because I love the look of them but there is something I'm missing?

Nothing wrong with Kitchenaids but its just a mixer. My Kenwood does everything.

clothmama wrote:@Louise I've spotted a similar style of thing that I'm considering but my concern is how do you chop onions when there is no traditional 'food chopper' bowl?

Not sure what you mean. With the Kenwood the food processor bowl sits on the top (where the blender is in the pic)

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:59 pm

@Louise

I've been looking at the Kenwood machines - do you think that the major is a better bet than the chef even if I'm not making large cakes or bulk amounts of baking? The chef titanium seems to have the same functionality but is a smaller machine....

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:40 pm

I have my grans kenwood (it's older than me :hohoho: ) it's been repaired twice and it's still going strong I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. You can still buy all the attachments for it now even though it 40+ years old :love:
It's this one
[url=http://www.clothnappytree.com/photo.php?v=1&id=19808]
Image[/url]
I wish it was the orange one :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:42 pm

@emmavmorgan I think my Nan did have the orange one of those! It looks eerily familiar!

I still don't know what to do, can't afford the one Louise mentioned - was just going to pick up a nearly new preloved regular food processor then get the stand mixer for all my baking / dough etc (and to look pretty on the side :oops: ) for my 40th (if I can talk everyone into it!).

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:18 pm

Could you get a second hand posh one from ebay?

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess