Meal planning, sorted !

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Meal planning, sorted !

Postby littlesez » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:35 pm

Ok so I have always hated meal planning but we really NEED it so I've devised a plan that FINALLY works !

We have a theme for each day.....

Monday is bunny buffet which is basically rabbit food as kids are obsessed with being rabbits. AKA leftovers :hohoho:

cheesy tuesday - could be macaroni cheese (izzys fave) cheese omelette, feta salad, halloumi,

Wednesday is picnic day, either in garden or on a blanket inside

Thursday is world food day so each week izzy picks a country :)

Fish friday, as it sounds :giggle:

Saturday Italian, so pasta or pizza

Sausage sunday ha ha. Boys have some kind of meat and girls habe veggie with mash, veg and gravy.

So thats displayed on fridge then we do a menu based on that, like this weeks

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Meal planning, sorted !

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:58 am

That sounds great.
I need to get back into meal planning. I haven't done any since I started feeling morning sickness.

A job for today I think.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:35 am

I need to too. I did similar to you (and I guess still do to a point) of having themes so Friday is pizza night, Sunday often DIY (benefit of older kids :giggle: ). I think we used to do Italien Mondays (spag bol or lasagne), Taco Tuesday (Mexican so tacos, enchilladas, burritos or chilli) etc and it worked really well.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:45 am

Planning done until we go away to my MIL's.

And tea cooked for tonight.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:08 pm

Very mexicany week @Bugglyboo :giggle: we hadn't had it for ages and had nachos last week and burritos this week - I think I'll do it more as we all love it! What is in your pasta bake?

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:45 pm

We love Mexican but it's also so easy to use leftovers in or afterwards.

The pasta is Pru's Pizza Pasta. Spaghetti base mixed with eggs and baked then normal pizza toppings. Absolutely delicious.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Yum! Looks fab everyone.
I am well into meal planning. It makes for a much easier week and cheaper in the shopping and waste.
I've also bought a cheap second freezer to allow me to freeze any surplus veg, leftovers or offers on our regular stuff :Thumbsup:

I've started doing my own kind of bullet journal thing of my week with everything I need/ would like to do on it , regular housework and my meal plan. Tis all there on a double page spread so I can see at a glance and you never know if I was ill hubby may see it and have it all under control :giggle:
I ve found it so helpful I wonder if anyone else would? Could take a photo if I had space on my phone :doh:

I'd loved to be a chilled out go with the flow mother rustling something lovely out of a stocked larder, doing whatever took our fancy day to day, swishing about in a beautiful dress and lovely hair...... Turns out that idea in my head of motherhood is not quite 'me' and makes me feel more anxious. Me the most disorganised person is actually getting more organised the more kids I get :hohoho:
Anyone else the same?!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:40 pm

I'm exactly the same @confusinglady. Maybe I should have a few more then my house may actually be spotless :hohoho:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:28 pm

Bugglyboo wrote:I'm exactly the same @confusinglady. Maybe I should have a few more then my house may actually be spotless :hohoho:

I didn't say you get a tidy house.... Just that its forced me to be more organised :giggle: Housework ain't really my forte but I m getting better at accepting that it just needs doing and to stop putting it off ;D I swear I spent more time getting annoyed that I had to do it and thinking of ways to put it off than it would've taken to do it before :hohoho:
You ll be equal to me in children soon ;)

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess