Meal planning, sorted !

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Meal planning, sorted !

Postby clothmama » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:43 pm

I vaugely follow the Fly Lady although not like I used to I try to do her daily organisiation / cleaning things. I'v elet it all slip in recent weeks and dont' feel great about it.

Would love to see your page @confusinglady

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:12 pm

@confusinglady, we sound very similar. My middle name is procrastination :giggle:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:17 pm

clothmama wrote:I vaugely follow the Fly Lady although not like I used to I try to do her daily organisiation / cleaning things. I'v elet it all slip in recent weeks and dont' feel great about it.

Would love to see your page @confusinglady

I'll have to look the fly lady up.
I ll try and get a photo of my organisation page :thumbsup:

Bugglyboo wrote:@confusinglady, we sound very similar. My middle name is procrastination :giggle:

:giggle:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:40 am

Image Ok sorry about quality of photo but this is my empty page for next week. I colour and doodle as I go.
I have each day written like a diary then put in events with a dot. On right hand side I have meal list for each day (only tea). I have a grid of daily housework type tasks so that I tick when I've done then and feel like I've achieved something :giggle:
I then have 2 master lists for the week , one for home stuff and one for our company. I transfer the jobs or any jobs to the day I think I can get the done and put a square in front of it. If done I put a cross in it, if half done I shade half of box. If not done on that day I put an arrow in box and reschedule it for another day that week or I transfer it to next weeks master list.
I have one main master list for house and we have some for re company too on different paper. This is just my week to view ;)
I was fed up of seeing a million things on one long to do list and never getting to the end of it. At least I can get to the end of my weeks jobs and if not transfer the off one to next week.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:53 am

That is really good - I like that it is easy to transfer jobs as lets face it none of our days / weeks are long enough for what needs doing!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:28 am

clothmama wrote:That is really good - I like that it is easy to transfer jobs as lets face it none of our days / weeks are long enough for what needs doing!

I know me too. I also like that rather than thinking 'I've got this, this, this to do this week' I can rest easier knowing I've written it down and put to do on a certain day rather than constantly fretting about it. I also have a vague plan when I get up rather than thinking I ve got a million things to do what do I do first. It doesn't always work and I never get everything done but I feel like I have a plan at least! :giggle:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:09 pm

@clothmama here is the thread. So from July 2016 and I m still doing it. I have changed it along the way but it's pretty similar. The book is put out on the dining room table and everyone can look at it. As I say dd2 is quite taken by it, she adds things which isn't always that helpful :giggle: like this morning she added meatballs on Thursday for tea when I've already done my shop and that ain't an option :hohoho:
It's not a pretty bullet journal like Pinterest but it works!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:41 am

Oh I do remember you posting that now! I must have been living under a bush I'd not clocked the whole journaling / bullet journaling thing that seems to be really popular :lookround: :giggle: I'm thinking this could really work for me in some form as I am terrible for having lists everywhere. I really like the idea of having your meals on one side as well as household tasks.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:45 am

confusinglady wrote:I'd loved to be a chilled out go with the flow mother rustling something lovely out of a stocked larder, doing whatever took our fancy day to day, swishing about in a beautiful dress and lovely hair...... Turns out that idea in my head of motherhood is not quite 'me' and makes me feel more anxious. Me the most disorganised person is actually getting more organised the more kids I get :hohoho:
Anyone else the same?!

I was just reading back and must have missed this post - love it this is exactly the sort of mum I thought I'd be and instead I'm frazzled and cranky much of the time :loopy: :loopy: :giggle: and I'm not even sure I own a dress anymore :lookround: :giggle: @confusinglady

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Goddess