My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Bullet (or any!) journaling?

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:01 pm

confusinglady wrote:
ems101 wrote:I have a diary for work. A Google calender for home and a notebook for all lists work related. I don't really do home lists it's just in my head!

How do you keep it in your head?! Mine just falls out! :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: me too @confusinglady hence why I'm hoping to coral all those fallen out bits into one place!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:21 pm

Some days I think my whole brain falls out :hohoho:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:22 pm

Well I'm only at home for about 3minutes a week, other than the weekends. Then Rob usually does a list. Im also not doing much house stuff at the moment, it's got deprioritised!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:51 pm

I'm just doing some searching and thought I'd put down things Iv'e found that I like:
For the yearly calendar:
Monthly:
Weekly layout:

I've taken pics for you Nicola of the first pages that have stuff on them in my journal - I'll post them tomorrow @confusinglady

Bless you @ems101 I did the same thing in my midwifery training year - just had to let J do it and get over it - none of it was priority for me!

@confusinglady
confusinglady wrote:Some days I think my whole brain falls out :hohoho:

We are twins :lookround:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:29 pm

I recommend getting some bullet journalling stencils. It will make your layouts much quicker if you are going to stick with dot grid notebooks. If you want to use those other pens just buy better quality notebooks or your own paper and print your own. I get the majority of my notebook inserts from here and print on 120gsm paper. Www.annieplansprintables.com. She does plain dot and grid notebooks as well as so many other layouts!

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:43 am

My journaling is called Outlook :hohoho:
I would so love a journal like the ones you show - yours is so so pretty @loiuse :love: but realised years ago that the only way things are remembered here is by having digital reminders - have not yet found a physical journal that will come and remind me things :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:28 am

She has very pretty things @Louise . My printer is a bit pants so not so keen on printing stuff off. I'm also thinking that i will enjoy doing the layouts myself as I have let my crafting mojo go and thought this could be a gentle restart into creativity. We will see - if I'm loving it and it takes too much time I'll look at printing!

Aeseldyr wrote:realised years ago that the only way things are remembered here is by having digital reminders - have not yet found a physical journal that will come and remind me things :giggle:

I get in a muddle with electronic too @Aeseldyr :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:09 pm

OK so I'm trying to keep it nice and simple until I get my head around it all and dont' want it to be time consuming or feel like it is putting pressure on me so I'll just slowly get into it. Today I've done my 'Forward Log' - I dont' actually like this term and I've just put the year at the top and I'll put something simple in my index :giggle: I didnt' want to write out all the dates so cut out from last years calendar the little monthly date page for 2018 then stuck them in with space to write any events due that month that can be added and then referred to as I do each months plan!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Index pages ready to go :widesmile:

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Goddess