hf1

Top to bottom house declutter

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Top to bottom house declutter

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Well yesterday I arranged for the help the aged warehouse guys to come round so today they came and collected half an old dinner set, lots of books and random bits inc a pair of shoes that don't fit me, camping stool and some other bits - all in all about 4 boxes worth of stuff so I have more space!! :wine:

Just need to work on my filing now :oops:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:41 pm

Right, i need a big virtual kick up the bum :oops: :giggle: im sat her on the PC whilst DD is napping and i should be doing some sorting in the office or somewhere at least :-? i feel so tired and weak though, which is usually the case after 2pm :lol: :roll:

I need to get organised! Only 10 weeks until D-Day :pregnant: (or less if he decides to put in an early appearance :shock: )

Sarah x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:45 pm

I've been ignoring this thread - kinda head buried in the sand kinda thing :oops: But yesterday decided it needed to be done. So in November, my kids are going to their Grandparents for a few days whilst I declutter. It will be the first time apart from Jake, so should be a hell of a few days, but worth it if I can shift some of the junk. And I get to go to my parents at the end of it and be pampered for a few days with the kids (no DH ;) )

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:51 pm

tanya2007 wrote:I've been ignoring this thread - kinda head buried in the sand kinda thing :oops: But yesterday decided it needed to be done. So in November, my kids are going to their Grandparents for a few days whilst I declutter. It will be the first time apart from Jake, so should be a hell of a few days, but worth it if I can shift some of the junk. And I get to go to my parents at the end of it and be pampered for a few days with the kids (no DH ;) )

Sounds like a good plan Tanya :D

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:52 pm

tanya2007 wrote:I've been ignoring this thread - kinda head buried in the sand kinda thing :oops: But yesterday decided it needed to be done. So in November, my kids are going to their Grandparents for a few days whilst I declutter. It will be the first time apart from Jake, so should be a hell of a few days, but worth it if I can shift some of the junk. And I get to go to my parents at the end of it and be pampered for a few days with the kids (no DH ;) )

Oh how lucky :) i wish we could do that, i have to try and do things when she is sleeping lol but im tired then also :-? Dad will be helping us plaster the kitchen, tile the floor and hang the interior door so i cant complain too much! :wink:

Right, going to hibernate laptop, move my bum into the office with baby monitor and a tray of ice to munch on and get cracking!! (bet DD wakes soon now ive said that!)
:wave:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Right well constructive night so far, posting on my break :wink: got to be tidied up and done by eleven as i need some sleep to try and shift this stubborn cold! :-?

Got 2 bags of rubbish from the bedroom and office today :wine: and 1 bag full for charity. Sorted out babys things a bit more (still loads to do) and both bedside cabinets. Have sorted and re-arranged the stuff under the bed and on top of my 2 chest of drawers. Still tonnes of paperwork that needs sorting through and filing/shredding, think i will borrow mums electric shredder this weekend.

Also sorted out the stuff in the footstool and cleared a wee bit from the hallway. Tomorrows job will be a tip run and tidy up of the hallway and under the stairs, its a bomb site :-? And on Sunday mum is going to have DD for an hour or 2, this is a rarity so i will either be decluttering or DIYing with the paint :wink: Feeling much more productive once i got myself stuck in. Right, off to get a drink and continue xx

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:21 pm

well done!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that is productive!!!!!!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:25 pm

more success :) Sorted under the stairs out and washing all the winter coats. Got a few bits to sell and charity which is good :) Had to stop as Amber is bored and i have washing to put away.

9 weeks to go until bubs is here so need to keep plodding on! x

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Oh Sarah you're doing brilliantly :wine:

I too have been ignoring this thread, just pretending it didn't exist and then I wouldn't have to acknowledge the clutter in my house :oops: But yesterday I spent several hours sorting clothes out in the bedroom, and even found a rug on the floor that I'd forgotten we had :giggle: It still needs to be finished, the clothes I put in bin bags need to be put in the attic (actually they need to be sorted for "keepies" and "give away" but thats for another day...) and then there's the task of the Junk Room, aka Daragh's bedroom.

And until that is done I'm going to pretend that my fabric and wool stash doesn't need sorting, and the chaos that is the kitchen cupboards can be sorted after we get the new kitchen in (thanks to our lovely landlady who must have money to spend because there's really nothing wrong with the kitchen right now, but anyhoo I'll not complain :wink: )

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Goddess