Top to bottom house declutter

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Top to bottom house declutter

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Mollybob wrote:
victoriaw wrote:Also realised recently that the reason I never got round to cleaning was that I had to do so much tidying up because so many things in this house just don't have a home. We're quite good when there is somewhere to put something, but have loads of things laying around that don't actually have a designated home.

That's exactly my trouble too. I hate cleaning because we have too much clutter and nowhere to put things :x

Yep thats us too. I have filled 3 pop up baskety things with the kids toys Ive found in the living room, kitchen and dininr room. Ive now put them in their room but there is no where for them to actually live and be kept. Think some of the toys will have to go too.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:52 pm

I did a huge declutter after we moved (I know, a bit made really, we moved it all here and then I decided we didn't need it - most of it had been boxed up in the loft and I figured if it went into the loft in the new house we would never see it again anyway!) and I found it very cathartic. Do need to have another go at it really as I have lots of kids clothes and toys that are outgrown and gathering dust.

I do agree with Ems - a tidy house and a tidy mind and all that. I like everything to be in its place and hate clutter

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:57 pm

I have an untidy house and an untidy mind. But mostly I have too much stuff, and I need to let go of it. I am guilty too of saying I will sell stuff and then not doing, and TBH we don't need the money. I have a load of nappies left in the bedroom that are quite frankly in the way, and I realised today that we have been potty trained nearly a year :oops:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:52 pm

happytails wrote: and Velvetstephs CD declutter thread :wink:
those CDs are still looking at me :oops: but in my defence I've been out all day!

I keep looking at all the junk that needs recycling/binning and things that just need a home in my bombsite :oops: and ive come to realise they wont magically do it by themselves :-?
They won't? D*MN!! :hohoho:

So yes - ME ME ME !!!

northernruth wrote:I have an untidy house and an untidy mind. But mostly I have too much stuff, and I need to let go of it. I am guilty too of saying I will sell stuff and then not doing,
Likewise :lol:

YES I MUST declutter...

I may actually take (and post!!) a before picture... We are having some work done and I really do need to shift some cr*p so have to move the stuff and should sort it while it gets moved really...

Black bag day tomorrow!! Some for the charity shop and some for the bin...

Oh and Sara if you ever fancy doing a carboot for me then just shout :lol:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
I may actually take (and post!!) a before picture... We are having some work done and I really do need to shift some cr*p so have to move the stuff and should sort it while it gets moved really...

Pictures very welcome :wink:

Well i half tidied the chest of drawers (cleared 3 drawers out of 10 for the babys things to go in) and tidied up on top but still alot of stuff that needs a home (had to put it back as its the only place in our bedroom DD cant reach, but it is tidier) and i got DP to pull the cabinets out so i could fish out what has fallen behind - some odd socks, DDs old shoes, 2 of my winter hats :wink: and some rubbish :oops:

Not got alot of free tidying time tomorrow so i plan to sort baby clothes out into said drawers before i clutter them up with something else! x

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Well didnt get anything done today, pottering off to the MW when DD was supposed to nap wasnt a good idea but oh well.

Tomorrows plans include sorting DDs wardrobe out and making sure we have everything for winter for her and charity/selling things that dont fit :wink: Got toddlers in the afternoon so thats all im planning on doing - anything else is a bonus! :wink:

Sarah x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Well I have before pics - not posting them yet until I've made some difference :lol:

Have a pile of books almost new condition to find a bookshop for...

Have managed to weed infront of the house and sweep up there too so that looks neater which is nice but was total prevarrication and avoidance of doing any proper decluttering :oops:

Also did DH's side of the bed and that looks miles better already!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:02 pm

I'm in too - I still have boxes with stuff in that I haven't used since Uni 10 years ago :oops: I got really motivated when DD started crawling so I have done the lounge, kitchen and breakfast room - I love those now as I can tidy them in 10 mins after she goes to bed, as everything has a home (even if the toys are just in a big plastic crate, at least they are in something and put away!).

I am sitting in the dining room at the moment as my current project is to put all my CDs onto my PC in Itunes, so I can get rid of the CDs.But there us a pile of 5 boxes, 3 vacuum bags and some loose bits waiting to be sold. I'm also awful for thinking 'I could sell that' - I did some recently and made about £45 on ebay, but it probably took me a day to sort, photograph and list the stuff, so not really worth it :roll:

I actually fantasise sometimes that we would be burgled so that I could start again and only buy what we needed!!!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Goddess