hf1

Top to bottom house declutter

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Top to bottom house declutter

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Good point! Need to get all clutter out here too!
Hope to go with the declutter flow here :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Been to idea for a big box to put my fabrics in today and hopefully fit my sewing machine in there too :)
The place is getting tidier and tidier, almost don't recognise the place :hohoho:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:59 pm

we need pics steph :wink:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:04 pm

today, i bought a huge pinboard from hobbycraft (only £2.49!!) and cleared the cupboard in the kitchen and put all the important things on the board (how much stuff do you get from school?? Really needed to organise it all so i am not bad mummy and forget things). Also cleared the hotspot in the kitchen and organised everything. Looks much better and i feel better for being more organised :)

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Yey for all the organising thats gone on today :wine:

Well i sorted half of under the stairs. Hips really didnt thank me so will do the rest tomorrow. Sorted a few bits in the kitchen but i had madam helping so i didnt get as much done as id like to :-?

Piled all the christmas presents i have bought so far together so i know where they all are but that pile isnt very tidy :-? :giggle:

Sarah x

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:06 pm

I sorted a load of fabric scraps today!

My avatar
Jamling
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Jamling » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:36 am

Great idea! Not been on here very much lately so have missed this until now. Boy does our place need decluttered so I'm in :giggle: I'm sick of not being able to find what I need and wasting so much time searching through various cupboards and drawers for stuff.

This week so far I have sorted 2 bin bags of clothes which went to the Bag-to-school collection. Cleared out the pen box, not a big job but at least I know all the pens work and they won't keep falling out all the time.

I'm hoping to pick at least 1 cupboard/drawer a day and be ruthless with the contents. Also I really want to clear the little areas of miscellaneous bits and bobs that appear all over the house. Getting to grips with all our paper work is a good one too, at the moment it piles up in the kitchen until I fall out on it .

Anyone got any great tips or systems they use to keep on top of things?

My avatar
clevercuttlefish
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby clevercuttlefish » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Jamling wrote:Anyone got any great tips or systems they use to keep on top of things?

copius use of large bin bags :hohoho: or pay someone else to do it - I wish!

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Well today, so far has been productive :D We got DPs uncles to give us a hand burning some garden waste. Nice small bonfire in the middle of garden for 2 hours, was a MASSIVE pile of old twigs and trees so really pleased majority of it has gone!! DP said he will clear the rest on Weds (its his birthday so he will have the day off :wink: ) Means our dog can do her business on the concrete rather than the grass which is starting to get waterlogged (and will stay that way for months :-? ) so we can keep it clean and she wont get muddy paws :wine:

Cleaned the cooker today (just the hob and the grill) and wiped most of the kitchen side, done the dishes and have hoovered all downstairs as alot of ash and grass has been walked through the house. Will be doing some more of the kitchen in a mo, trying to take it easy with my hip and then i will wipe the bathroom over whilst DD is in the bath as we all smell of smoke :-?

Depending on when DD goes to bed and how i am feeling i might tackle something else but not sure yet.

How has everyone elses sunday been? x

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Goddess