hf1

Has anyone got a Robomaid / Roomba automatic vacuum?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Has anyone got a Robomaid / Roomba automatic vacuum?

Postby clothmama » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:27 am

:oops: :oops: I have heard of these before but I just saw an ad for one and they are really starting to appeal more and more. I didnt' realise there was a microfibre cloth that rubs your tiles at the same time as vacumming, that is pretty cool (thinking once we are in France with lots of tiles / wood floors!)! The other thing that appeals is that you have to keep your floors clear to turn it on so before you turn it on you need to do a quick wizz around so for naturally messy people I'm thinking this could work to help keep me tidier :oops: :oops:

Has anyone got one?
If you do how do you rate it?
Does anyone else want one or am I a gadget sucker??? :oops: :giggle: :giggle:
Is it a crazy fad thing? TBH this is what I originally thought and yet they have been around a good few years now so they must be pretty good!

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Has anyone got a Robomaid / Roomba automatic vacuum?

Postby Chooky » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:11 pm

We got one of the first edition ones PITA :lookround: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Huge waste of money!! Nuff said :hohoho:

My avatar
Chooky
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Has anyone got a Robomaid / Roomba automatic vacuum?

Postby Chooky » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:21 pm

Ok on a serious note.
It was a first edition so I guess they should have worked out the kinks by now IYKWIM. Our Roomba could never find it's blasted home and would randomly run out of power under the table or bed. :-? It never got the corners EVER It filled up far too quickly. although was pretty easy to clean. Any spare parts have to be ordered online and were expensive at the time (could be different now) Ours ran out of battery after one room and took forever to recharge. I guess it did do really well on heavily soiled areas but the amount of times the dang thing kept going over the one (already cleaned )area annoyed me so much. It really is gentle though i got bumped on the toes and heels so many times and never was hurt. It is a lot bigger IRL than it seems on TV Oh and Cats don't like it either :giggle:

Honestly It's quicker and easier to vacuum yourself :wink:

Return to Domestic Goddess