hf1

What chores does your DP do?

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: What chores does your DP do?

Postby evansmummy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:47 pm

We split everything when he isn't away, in fact when he is home he does pretty much the lions share :oops: we do a huge clean through everyother weekend together, but hel do it on his own if I'm out :oops:

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:53 pm

littlesez wrote:
CherryPie wrote: I think he's just getting a bit to comfortable atm and taking me for granted.

yes! and i think you should say this to him :hug:

Thanks :) :hug: I've made a plan of action to sit down and explain how I feel, give him a chance to explain and then make a list of jobs for me and jobs for him so he has some responsibility over certain things :thumbsup:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:54 pm

I am really lucky. Dh is a SAHD and does all the ironing, most of the cooking, loads and unloads the dishwasher most of the time, does probably half the washing, cleans most places but I do floors and bathroom usually. I am out the house from 8.15 till 7 during the week tho and when I get in I bath N and put him to bed then by the time I've had dinner I'm shattered so go to bed around 9!
I do help out at weekends tho.
If we were both working I'd get a cleaner!

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:47 am

I'm pretty lucky with my dh - he does the obvious bins and garden that all men seem to do :giggle: He also cooks dinner 3 nights a week when I am at work (and washes up after it) and also bathes T and puts him to bed on those nights. He probably bathes Tyler 3 out of the other 4 nights a week (although I put him to bed if I am home) We share the getting up in the morning, alternate days atm but when I was working later nights he used to get up every morning. He will happily hoover and wash the floors, clean the windows, he nearly always gets the washing in from the line and folds it. He is working 7 days a week at the moment so I have picked up a bit more cleaning than usual but generally there are no probs here :D

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:37 am

I'm not sure if I'm lucky or not! DH does do stuff round the house (we do have a cleaner as we both work full time and are out from 7:30am until after 6pm).

However, I feel like I am constantly having to remind him to do things or to finish a task off properly. He has this infuriating habit of saying 'I'll do xyz' and then taking weeks to actually do it (I'm looking at a backyard that desperately needs mowing as I type! :roll: ) Or needing to have a rest in the middle of something because 'he's tired'. Boo hoo :gaah:

He also doesn't seem to understand how stressful it is for me having to 'supervise' him as well as DS - I pointed out to him that there are actually 2 adults and only one child living in this house so why am I doing so much reminding of him?!?! He had a week of working every night as well so ALL the chores fell to me and I got more done in less time :-? . I used Ruth's ploy of pointing out that my life would currently be easier as a single mum! He has been making a bit more of an effort since then, but I may have to mention it again to keep him on his toes (and get the grass cut!)

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:25 am

My Dh sweeps the floor and moans. He moans about kids, mess, toys, noise and being tired. That's his job.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:28 am

charlibunny wrote:My Dh sweeps the floor and moans. He moans about kids, mess, toys, noise and being tired. That's his job.

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:42 am

The only jobs my dh never does are cleaning the bathroom and doing the washing. He would do them if I asked, just not sonmething he would think to do.
He does cook most nights (he's better than me as he's a chef), and he does the garden and cleans out the fish tanks (both jobs I don't do so we're quite even I think) and anything else that needs done. If he's not working early, he gets the boys' breakfast and makes up Ross' pack lunch too. And he often brings me coffee in bed :D
I think I'm really lucky

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:48 am

Mine is pretty good really. We tend to cook together, he loads and unloads the dishwasher, empties the bins, cuts the grass and does all the heavy digging/building work in the garden, does the ironing for us all each morning, usually hoovers and mops. He will bath/shower the kids and always puts Toby to bed. We also share cleaning the fish and the degus which makes those jobs easier.
I do all the laundry, clean the bathrooms and sort the finances (he wouldn't have a clue!) I make the packed lunches and sort nursery/school bags etc. I also do all the organising in the house - holidays, shopping, general tidying etc. It wouldn't happen otherwise!! It works OK for us. But then after being together for 21 years we really should have something that works!! :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Goddess