hf1

Storing saucepans and tupperware

My avatar
charlala
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Storing saucepans and tupperware

Postby charlala » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:18 pm

Opening the saucepan cupboard or trying to hunt for the right tupperware container are two very evil jobs in our house where each of these cupboards are a complete mess.
Does anyone have any tips for storing these items which doesn't involve throwing them into a cupboard and hoping you'll find the right thing again next time?
:mrgreen:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Storing saucepans and tupperware

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:34 am

This drives me insane, well the tupperware bit anyway.

We have a couple of deep drawers below the cooker and oven that store the pans and mixing bowls etc, which work fine, as they stack in size.

The tupperware bits are harder as they are all different. I did a cull recently to remove and rubbish ones and ensured that all had lids etc. That left more room and then we stored all the lids in the boggest box and just stacked as well as possible.

Have you looked at the Lakeland website (although I am sure you can get the same things elsewhere, cheaper)?

How about things like this ...
Drawer dividers - http://www.lakeland.co.uk/p23104/OXO-Go ... r-Dividers
Undershelf basket - http://www.lakeland.co.uk/22498/Undershelf-Basket

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:43 am

:hohoho: I honestly thought it was just me that opens the cupboard door very slightly (whilst hoping nothing in the heap falls out), then just throws and hopes for the best. :oops: (plastic tubs and tupperware, that is).

Pots and pans, I have most of them stacked in a little built-in shelf by the oven, the rest get thrown into the corner cupboard :lol:

Tupperware etc, yeah, working on this one, they're piled into the corner cupboard and also into a big deep drawer, the situation just keeps getting worse and worse :oops: not sure what to do about it.

My kitchen is the bane of my existence in this house tbh, we rent, so it's not our design, and whilst it's a nice big kitchen, with a good amount of storage, we're total foodies and have a lot more 'stuff' I think, than most people. Loads of small appliances, loads of different foods and ingredients, and it's just not big enough or organised enough for us :oops:

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:45 am

Our saucepans/fryingpans are just stacking in size order in the cupboard, tupperware I like to be stacked in vague size order in the cupboard but when dh puts the washing up away I think he just throws it all in there so it just falls out again :roll:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:58 am

Our plastic is stacked as neat as possible, with all the lids inside the biggest box to one side of the cupboard. The only really good way to store them is to have ones that 'nest' inside each other and are all the same size so all the lids match each box, but who ever does that?!

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:00 am

Miss_Purple wrote:Our plastic is stacked as neat as possible, with all the lids inside the biggest box to one side of the cupboard. The only really good way to store them is to have ones that 'nest' inside each other and are all the same size so all the lids match each box, but who ever does that?!

:giggle: What do you do if you need to use the biggest one though? Surely chaos ensues once you remove the lids from the big box?

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:03 am

Miss_Purple wrote:Our plastic is stacked as neat as possible, with all the lids inside the biggest box to one side of the cupboard. The only really good way to store them is to have ones that 'nest' inside each other and are all the same size so all the lids match each box, but who ever does that?!

Pretty much this, though my boxes keep falling out of my freezer with a little help from a small person :roll: and breaking, so I'm only down to a handful at the mo.

Pan are just in a very, very big corner cupboard so it's easy to keep them organised :D In our flat though they did tend to just fall out on me on occasion from their snug and tiny space :giggle:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:04 am

Geordie_Girl wrote:

:giggle: What do you do if you need to use the biggest one though? Surely chaos ensues once you remove the lids from the big box?

In my case it's not a box I ever used ;) except to store tupaware lids :giggle:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:09 am

LOL fair enough.

I must be getting really old, but I'd dearly love some REAL tupperware, rather than just cheap knock-offs. My mam has some and it's so good and has literally lasted as long as I'm alive! But have you seen the price of it?! :shock:

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess