hf1

How clean IS your house?

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

How clean IS your house?

Postby est4elvis » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:40 am

right girls, hubby annoyed me so much this morning - for the millionth time he asked if he could leave the pots after tea on condition he put them away before bed. so i agreed (if i dont i get accused of "nagging" :roll: ) so he didnt do it (totally knew he wouldnt) then rang me form work this morning all sorry sorry. + im like obviously you're NOT sorry or you wouldnt keep on doing it?! + then getting out of an argument by accusing me of nagging! so 2 things; firstly i told him the pots get put away after tea! no more excuses EVER! secondly as punishment, its his day off tomorrow + i told him it will be spend doing jobs around the house we me dillying them as as needed. :giggle:
so i need ideas girls, what can i make him do that is a) going to be worthy of my time (things that men can do? big jobs? etc) + be will unclutter the house a little bit more. what do you do to keep your house clean + tidy? what are your best tips? my house is always clean but a bit cluttered + i know so many people whose house is like a show home + mine is definitely not like that! would be nice to make it more of a show home...... :giggle:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: How clean IS your house?

Postby Caroline » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:03 am

I'd get a load of stuff ready for him to take to the tip/charity shop.

My avatar
yummymummysaraya
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby yummymummysaraya » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:55 am

Oh its not an uncluttery job but make him clean the loo...men never seem to understand how icky that is. Lol! xx

My avatar
MumOf1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby MumOf1 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:03 am

What about one of those things that you almays mean to get round to and don't - decluttering his drawers and wardrobe and getting rid of stuff that doesn't fit or is getting a bit tired or that he just doesn't wear.

yummymummysaraya wrote:Oh its not an uncluttery job but make him clean the loo...men never seem to understand how icky that is. Lol! xx

I always get DH to clean the bathroom, while I do the kitchen. I've made him think that cleaning the oven is a really tough job so he happily does the bathroom as he thinks it's easier :giggle:

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby est4elvis » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:05 am

:giggle: well i have already got stuff for him to take to the charity shop (+ he has to walk there cos he doesnt drive :hohoho: ) + i also thought i would get him to clean out under the stairs where everything just gets thrown cos it cant be seen! - big job, big results :mrgreen:
i guess the house needs decorating otherwise which we cant afford + anyway don't have time with 2 kids running round - doors painted, front room painted etc etc :roll:
oh + yes - perfect idea his wardrobe is...well u wouldnt want ot know he just throws all his clothes in and shuts the door! + half of his clothes dotn fit! so yes he can do that. :mrgreen:
good ideas girls, do u think im mean :giggle:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:34 am

Jobs I moan about just to get back at him are...
Attic needs tidying,
shed is a nightmare can't get to the toys can you sort it.
Oven needs cleaning.
The windows need cleaning.
Can you scrub the tiles down in the bathroom, yes all of them (our whole bathroom is tiles :giggle:
Grass needs cutting
Patio needs pressure washing.
Can you turn the mattereses and hoover then and under the beds.
What do you mean you've only got one day off you should manage that no problems I gave birth in less than a day.

Hmmm maybe I'm abit of a moaner.... ssshhhhh! Don't tell him I admitted it.

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby est4elvis » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:36 am

KimmyM wrote:Jobs I moan about just to get back at him are...
Attic needs tidying,
Oven needs cleaning.
Can you scrub the tiles down in the bathroom, yes all of them (our whole bathroom is tiles :giggle:
Grass needs cutting
What do you mean you've only got one day off you should manage that no problems I gave birth in less than a day.

:hohoho: daz seems to think i am the worst wife is history + no other girls moan as much as me. i tell him i wish he could be a fly on the wall - he has it easy!

poll -
who of you would give up your wed evening EVERY WEEK so hubby could have 6 of his friends round + take up the whole of the living/dining area? :shock: :giggle:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:22 pm

KimmyM wrote:Jobs I moan about just to get back at him are...
Attic needs tidying,
Oven needs cleaning.
Grass needs cutting

:hohoho: :hohoho: I'd love to insist DH do those jobs, most of them he stills considers to be my job though! Our dishwasher broke down (the yucky water wouldn't drain) and it took three weeks before I nagged DH enough to tackle it. He did eventually empty the water but I'm not too hopeful he'll ever fix it :roll:

The garden needs tidied (all my dead veg plants need composted!) but
The conservatory is techincally DH's room to clean, but I do most of the "quick tidies"
He does occasionally put away dry dishes as that's my least favourite job.

If I ask DH to do something more than once, I'm accused of nagging, but he really doesn't do stuff unless he's told half a dozen times. Also, when I ask him to do something, it usually means "as soon as you can please", if he's going to put away the dishes the next day then that's just too late, I may as well do it myself and be able to wash more dishes or have a tidy sink. The only time I've recently asked him to make the bed, he replied, "Why?" :doh:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:34 pm

Nope worst wife title is well and truely mine.
DH has to get both babies clean and dressed in the morning. Feed DS then go to work. When he comes home he does their baths but that's their time so no biggy. He then cooks our dinner, does the ironing, cleans the bath after the babies, puts the nappies on to rinse. And brings me a glass if wine.
Oh and he has to change the beds every Sunday.
To be fair we have an old house and it needs dusting and hoovering at least once a day. So I do that wash the woodwork down clean the kitchens and toilet. wash the clothes and make cupcakes for his staff once or twice a week. And if that's not enough I have to spend hours on WN designing fluff oh the hardship.

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess