hf1

Clutter

My avatar
lucylou0417
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Clutter

Postby lucylou0417 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:15 am

Arghhhh my house is sooooooo cluttered just now! I just seem to sort it out then it needs done again :x :x

Any tips are greatfully recived but i guess i should just stop being so lazy and sort it all out again :lol:

Lucyx

My avatar
est4elvis
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Clutter

Postby est4elvis » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:19 am

me too! no tips cos this might as well have been my own post :hohoho:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:26 am

I try to follow the theory of declutter one thing a day. So today a ripped book went into rhe recycling. I've also started to collect a charity clothes bag up.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:27 am

est4elvis wrote:me too! no tips cos this might as well have been my own post :hohoho:

WSS
We are decorating just so I can buy new furniture to hide the clutter in.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Clutter, clutter everywhere, and barely a place to sit in this house :roll: We have a "spare room" which everything gets thrown into, recently I forgot the room was even there because I hadn't opened the door in so long :oops: My plan is to clean it out properly, put storage furniture in it and have it as a craft/play room. When I get those "charity bags" through the door I try to put at least half a dozen items in them and put it back out on the step to be collected. Last week I filled a cardboard box with toys and things that can go to charity as well. It's not huge progress, but it's very satisfying to get rid of something! The FlyLady plan can help with clutter, but I couldn't keep to it. I took her advice of only spending 15 minutes at a time decluttering, so you don't get fed up or distracted, but it's still plenty of time to make a dent in a clutter hotspot. Or to grab a carrier bag and whizz round the house for five minutes grabbing stuff that can be binned or donated.

My avatar
clothpixie
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clothpixie » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:57 pm

I aim to declutter and pack up one room a day starting tomorrow - living room, kitchen, kids' room, our room, bathroom, DS1 is doing his own and DP is doing the cellar. We have to though as we start moving on Friday and I refuse to pack the clutter to take to our new house! We have a charity shop across from our street so I am going to make the most of it tomorrow and through the week and donate loads!

Fly Lady has some good tips for decluttering as does Organized Home.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:49 pm

I permanently have a charity bag or box, and whenever I come across something I don't use anymore (normally while looking for something I do use!) It goes in the charity box, then when it's full off it goes. A great tip I heard for getting rid of things you are attached to is to take a photo first, then put those into an album if you want to keep the memories but not the junk. Once the items have gone you'll probably find you don't need the photos after all and they normally get deleted too!

Return to Domestic Goddess