hf1

Desperate cleaning help (cat related)

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Desperate cleaning help (cat related)

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:59 am

OH didn't put the cats out last night, I'm fuming, I came down and one of them has sh#t in the middle of my gorgeous sheep skin rug! I should add there is no cat litter down atm as they werent using it so i had picked it up. I know its OH's fault for not putting them out, but why the rug!? Sorry i'm just mad because it was a treat on holiday this year amd it wasnt cheap and I'm worried it ruined. It's not solid or i'd just pick it up so i need expert help, am I going to be able to clean this and how? Am I going to have to give it up and throw it away :cry: can I clean it as much as poss in the bath then use the machine wool cycle or will that ruin it? Please help me!

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Desperate cleaning help (cat related)

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:23 am

Oh hunny. So sorry-i have no advice or knowledge, but lots of :hug: :hug: for you xxxx

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:09 am

How big is it? We soak and give ours a scrub in the bath then machine wash.It does come out with the fibres a little matted but a good brush fixes it.

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:19 am

DH let Reuben eat his lunch on ours and it got covered in yoghurt etc and I rinsed the worst with our shower head and put it on a hand wash cycle in our machine and then brushed it through when it came out. It's fine now :) hope you manage to save it x

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:23 am

I put our sheepksin rug in the bath to wash it once, after Molly puked on it. UI used baby shampoo and a bit of disinfectant on the dirty area and gently scrubbed it out. The fluffy bit was fine after a brushing, but the skin underneath became very tough and a bit shrunken as it dried. If it was just a very small area I'd try getting it out without soaking the whole thing, but if the cat peed on it, it would probably all need to be washed.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:37 am

Scrub, wool cycle, dry and brush it is then. Pray for my rug please ladies!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:53 am

Oh no , I feel your pain, out cat pi**ed on the french door curtains in the week and DH put them in the wash as he didn't want the smell to settle in, I thought they were wrecked and dreaded the thought of haing to pay £300 for 2 pairs but thankfully they came out ok, he spent nearly an hour ironing them.

I would go with the gentle wash with maybe a bit of bicarb so the cat smell goes at kitty doesn't do it again. It will need a really good brush that will probably take a long time. Good luck x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:55 am

Ok just as I hit send DH said "oh that effin cat" she has done it on the curtains again. I want her rehomed now :(

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm

Our cats pee'd & pooped on the curtains Thursday night. In fairness it was the first night without cat litter & dh forgot to let them out before bed. I was wondering why dh ran entusiastically out the door to work that morning :evil:

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess