hf1

Line drying in November?

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Line drying in November?

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:21 pm

I can only put it out on the weekend as otherwise it's damp again by the time I get home from work. If it's bright and breezy then it goes out, it definitely dries quicker afterwards.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:17 pm

I always do an extra spin in ther machine so the washing is only a little damp and it dries soo much quicker be it on the line or the airer. I do put wahsing out, but lately the weather has been so dismal, it's been pointless.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:16 pm

i have four loads out tonight. I've been getting stuff dry all week. I comes in feeling cold so I just air it off for a couple of hours either on overhead rack or stand up clothes horse thing.

I am a habitual hanger outside in all weathers, I will only admit defeat when it freezes to the line and thats becuase I can't undo the pegs until the ice melts :doh:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm still line drying as much as possible too. If the weather looks dodgy then I just put the items on airers and put the airers outside. It takes longer to dry but if it rains, I'm not stood in the freezing cold getting it all in again.

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:19 pm

ramsons wrote:I am a habitual hanger outside in all weathers, I will only admit defeat when it freezes to the line and thats becuase I can't undo the pegs until the ice melts :doh:

:giggle:
And when you bring the towels in, you have to stand them up against a radiator to thaw before you can get them into the dryer/on a clothes airer, cos they're like boards!! :giggle:

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:27 pm

doobykat wrote:
ramsons wrote:I am a habitual hanger outside in all weathers, I will only admit defeat when it freezes to the line and thats becuase I can't undo the pegs until the ice melts :doh:

:giggle:
And when you bring the towels in, you have to stand them up against a radiator to thaw before you can get them into the dryer/on a clothes airer, cos they're like boards!! :giggle:

I forgot that not done it this winter yet! I have brought them in with broken frozen wooden pegs attached and then wacked the sheets to bend them :lol:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:28 pm

I haven't line dried since about Sept, I just don't have time to keep taking washing in when the weather turns etc. I am exclusively tumble drying at the moment :oops: to keep the house free of clutter but it's ridiculous really as we have two spare rooms; I need to put at least the occasional load out or hang it inside.

Previous

Return to Domestic Goddess