hf1

Places to buy carpet.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Places to buy carpet.

Postby anothersquish » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:52 pm

Where would anyone recommend as a good place for carpet...must be somewhere I can buy and they will fit too.
Ive worked money so I can replace the curtains downstairs and the landing carpet before christmas but I do not do ringing round or going into shops for quotes and such so is there anywhere online either national chain or local to east Manchester area who does orders online or via email?

Also any recommendations for a hard wearing dog and child proof carpet.... :giggle:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Places to buy carpet.

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Carpetright - cheap and cheerful, online and in most areas (there is one on the Isle of Wight so there must be one in Manchester!) they arrange fitting too, although you normally pay the fitter direct on the day. They have a good range of everyday carpet and prices are reasonable too. They always have sales and deals on, so don't get sucked into "buy today" offers, chances are it will be the same price or even less the following week!

http://www.carpetright.co.uk/?_$ja=kw:carpetright|cgn:Carpetright||Generic|cgid:1361844410|tsid:13854|cn:Brand||Carpetright|cid:57102710|lid:172608436|mt:Exact|nw:search|crid:8606182130&gclid=CIH8_JuhxqwCFZQhtAodd0RBGA

we have used them in two previous houses and will be using them again in this one, we can't really fault them.
Last edited by Miss_Purple on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Hmmmm I think you need to see it tbh. I really like Carpetright, they usually do great offers (less likely to get a good deal before Christmas, if you can wait you'd do better in Jan). They will fit and do underlay etc altho the fitters can often do you underlay cheaper if you wait till the day of fitting and ask them :wink:

Best thing for kids and dogs is a polypropylene carpet, with a normal pile - steer clear of berbers and wool.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Haha crossed posts with Danika. We use them all the time - here, in our rental house and our holiday cottage.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:39 pm

Just been looking at their site ;)
Ideally Id go look but Id have to go alone which basically isnt going to happen in a million years so it will just have to be a "that looks like it will do" jobby! Whatever I get is going to be better than whats there now :puke: Its only a small area but would be too fiddly for me to do myself as its a very awkward shape so worth paying the bit extra for someone to fit it (plus I can get people in to do it and out the door again fast whilst my mother is out so she can only yell at me after its done :hohoho: )

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:10 pm

if it's only a small area they will often have off-cuts and room size remnants in store cheaper. If you see something you like it's worth giving them a ring with the dimensions of the area and asking if they have an odd piece that would fit.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:39 pm

I dont think they would...I need a 5m by 2.5m because of the shape of it *rolls eyes* it doesnt work out very expensive even with fitting, delivery and new underlay

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:36 am

We avoid the big chains and go local. I've not even price-compared with the big chains, just stick to the same local shop. They're very helpful, prompt, courteous and polite and the fitting is good. We've had the living room and two bedrooms done by them so far and need our stairs doing in the New Year. I won't be checking Carpetright which is closer to us, I'll support a local business :thumbsup:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:19 am

I have a carpet fitter I have used here in Stockport so he might come to you depending where you are - he is cheap and has a warehouse so can supply the carpet and underlay cheaper than carpetright (who do seem to make their money on the underlay and grippers etc :wink:) I can give you his number, just depends how busy he is leading up to Christmas I suppose.

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess